Would two d5 pumps 2X480 mm rads a 240 and a 420 Be enough to passive cool a 5900x and 3080?

Guest PhatRATTY
Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,

As long as there is no moving air around the radiators, they won't cool much. Even your case with all rad spots filled will likely not be enough to cool your system long-term. It might work for short loads, but after a few hours it will get warmer and warmer. Just get nice and quiet fans like Noctua NF-F12 and run them at 500 RPM where they are not audible. Then you can just use 1 or 2 rads and the temps will be fine.

I was wondering if I filled my corsair 1000D with radiators and pumps if I could get rid of all but my PSU fans? the radiators would all need to be standard width. Also, is there some kind of formula for finding how many pumps I need or how hot this thing will run? BTW this isn't just an idea I do have all the necessary hardware and the budget to go along with it. I only ask so I can get rid of ambient noise in my Microphone so My compressor and noise minimizer can take breaks from time to time and increase overall microphone quality!

As long as there is no moving air around the radiators, they won't cool much. Even your case with all rad spots filled will likely not be enough to cool your system long-term. It might work for short loads, but after a few hours it will get warmer and warmer. Just get nice and quiet fans like Noctua NF-F12 and run them at 500 RPM where they are not audible. Then you can just use 1 or 2 rads and the temps will be fine.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Just now, Stahlmann said:

As long as there is no moving air around the radiators, they won't cool much. Even your case will all rad spots filled will likely not be enough to cool your system long-term. It might work for short loads, but after a few hours it will get warmer and warmer. Just get nice and quiet fans like Noctua NF-F12 and run them at 500 RPM where they are not audible. Then you can just use 1 or 2 rads and the temps will be fine.

Fair enough, all right.

1 hour ago, PhatRATTY said:

Fair enough, all right.

For fans I suggest the arctic p series. They are literally notcua performance + silence for a fraction of the price and also come in rgb if you want. Funny enough the rgb ones are even better :p.

As for passive cooling.

Heat goes up so you'd need a VERY BIG rad that is flat where air could raise up through. So yeah very hard to do.