How do I clean my laptop screen without damaging it?

Go to solution Solved by kelvinhall05,
16 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Lol picture is not needed.

As for the cleaning, microfiber cloth and you preferred window-cleaner. dont spray screen, only cloth.

Window cleaner is too aggressive for displays, it can ruin any coating (usually matte/antiglare) that the display has. Don't use it OP.

A microfiber is the right choice but just get it damp with some water.

As for the cleaning, microfiber cloth and you preferred window-cleaner. dont spray screen, only cloth.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

16 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Window cleaner is too aggressive for displays, it can ruin any coating (usually matte/antiglare) that the display has. Don't use it OP.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

😮 what kind of window-cleaner do they sell you?

Just now, HanZie82 said:

😮 what kind of window-cleaner do they sell you?

Windex, which contains ammonia, and it's the ammonia that damages the display. If there's some really stubborn shit on OP's screen, they should use rubbing alcohol, not window cleaner.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Windex, which contains ammonia, and it's the ammonia that damages the display. If there's some really stubborn shit on OP's screen, they should use rubbing alcohol, not window cleaner.

Ah gotcha, well i can understand Ammonia not being good for the plastics.

(Altho i dont think ive ever seen it in our (Dutch) window-cleaners, but i havent checked all).

Good thing to be aware of. Thanks.

15 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Thanks I will use that method.

Do I need to use distilled water thought?

6 hours ago, Raatzie said:

Thanks I will use that method.

Do I need to use distilled water thought?

Nope

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈