Norton not catching rat?

Okay so i've noticed recently when i try and download ANYTHING windows update, malwarebtyes, steam; or any real software no matter if its 300kb or 8 gb it fails within seconds.
If i turn on any free vpn such as urban or hide.me, ect.. the moment i start it i can download anything without fail. i proceeded to download steam installer file 25 times with 100% success rate through vpn. without vpn it was a 100% fail rate. i have 400 mbps, Ethernet connected, ive contacted ISP they have told me they are all good but replaced my entire line from pole to house, through house to modem, they replaced modem and router all free(really nice of them). the issue sadly did not get fixed, i also noticed that i would get a norton notif every once in a while saying something like "intrusion attempt bocked" or "redirect blocked" keep in mind i will be on my desktop programming not running any other programs or surfing the web. i have norton 360 run scans daily and ive never caught anything. when i ran malware bytes it found 44 cases of malware. i removed them and then scanned the next day finding another 10 malware, i made sure not to surf the web or download anything during the 24 hour period to be sure i just wasn't being a fool and downloading malware. so i've come to the conclusion that perhaps norton just isn't finding a rat of some sorts, and someone has been throwing malware on my pc and norton only blocked a few download and redirects. Im curious if anyone has some thoughts on whats happening? also im very safe when it comes to the internet i don't goto 'FREE __" sites i don't download random stuff, i simply play TF2 on steam and code for work nothing more. i know this isn't the proper place to seek computer suport but norton won't help, isp can't do more, and im running out of options? norton support told me basically "well if norton doesn't find anything then you're fine; if we have a tech look at your pc it'll be 99.99" so knowing norton couldn't find the 44 malware to begin with i canceled my subscription out of hatred for their lack of support and came to the most tech savvy forum i know 🙂 THOUGHTS?

WIN 10 64 bit
gtx 1050ti
intel 8100
32gb ram
1 tb nvme.
do pc stats even matter? idk but there it is