We have an issue regarding my Dad's work laptop?

Citrusflavour01

So long story short he wants to use the spare monitor that I no longer use as another screen. He is already using a VGA cable for his original monitor and since there's only one HDMI outlet, we are in need of some connecter or adapter. Is this possible?

Upgrade in the making

MY CURRENT PC - GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro V2 | Ryzen 9 5900X | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHz C16 | RTX 3070 Ti VENTUS 3X | 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe | 1TB SAMSUNG 980 NVMe 3.0 | RM750x Corsair | Corsair iCUE H150i Elite CAPELLIX | Corsair iCUE 7000X RGB 

4 minutes ago, Citrusflavour01 said:

So long story short he wants to use the spare monitor that I no longer use as another screen. He is already using a VGA cable for his original monitor and since there's only one HDMI outlet, we are in need of some connecter or adapter. Is this possible?

Yes, HDMI to VGA adapters are a thing. Though, don't cheap out on them, as the cheaper ones(IMO) soften the image a bit. Just search for "HDMI to VGA" adapters.

Also, these adapters are directional. So that means, if you buy a "VGA to HDMI" adapter, it will fit, but won't work. Just keep that in mind. You need an "HDMI to VGA" adapter.

Edited by LTTfan2006
Messed up VGA and HDMI
On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

But most likely you will have to disable the laptop display for 2 external displays to work. Most older laptops (which I assume yours is, since it has a VGA out), only support a max of 2 screens at once, and that includes the built in display.