Weird GPU thermal throttling after restart.

tonymv
Go to solution Solved by tonymv,

I see. But when I try to open like AC Valhalla, normally I got 90-100FPS. But RN, it's only giving me 50-60FPS. It's weird to have that kind of frames especially when you're only playing at 1080P resolution. I guess i'll try to reformat my pc and install a rollback driver, again.. Btw, thanks for answering my query bro. Appreciate it.

Before anything else, here are the specs of my unit:

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
GPU - MSI Armor RTX 2070 (8g)
MoBo - Gigabyte B450M DSH (V1)
RAM - 2x8g Kingston HyperX 3200Mhz
PSU - Silverstone 700W 80+ Bronze
SSD - 240g M.2 (Kingston - OS)

HDD - 4TB Seagate BarraCuda 7200 RPM
         - 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM

It started yesterday when I felt there's something wrong to my RTX. The thing is, I just played Warzone yesterday several times and the thermal of my gpu was only around 57-65 degs.
After I played, I just restarted my pc and tried to open my Warzone once more then I got this lame FPS like 50-60FPS maxed from my usual exp of 100-130FPS. So, I tried to check my gpu using HWMonitor and the thermals weren't like before (I got 70-75 degs while playing and 65-66 degs while idle).

So, I tried to troubleshoot my pc, reinstall the NVidia Drivers (the up-to-date one) and still not working. Then today, I've already cleaned and changed the thermal paste and pads of my GPU, uninstalled gpu drivers using DDU, after that it worked. However, whenever I restart my pc, it will give me the same thermals and bad performance when I tried to open some Triple A titles. Now, I don't know what to do to fix this thing. Any help guys?

196322086_507383613907076_257342806083071808_n.jpg

Your temps look just fine. In fact they are very good. 73-75C is well within the normal operating temperatures of your graphics card. Thermal throttling happens usually above 100C. Warzone is notorious for being badly optimized and some updates of the game do negatively impact the performance. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

I see. But when I try to open like AC Valhalla, normally I got 90-100FPS. But RN, it's only giving me 50-60FPS. It's weird to have that kind of frames especially when you're only playing at 1080P resolution. I guess i'll try to reformat my pc and install a rollback driver, again.. Btw, thanks for answering my query bro. Appreciate it.