EA/DICE upgrading hardware to resolve Battlefield 4 rubber-banding issues

We wanted to provide a quick update on the issues with Battlefield 4 “rubber-banding” some players on certain platforms experienced during matches with 64-players.

Looking into this further, we’re unhappy with our server performance, so we’ll be upgrading the hardware as soon as possible, investing more to deliver a better experience.

As soon as we know the exact timetable, we’ll let you know the ETA.  Reducing lag for these players is absolutely a TOP priority for us to solve and we expect to have the solution very soon.

-Battlefield Blog

EA DICE plans to upgrade its hardware to address "rubber-banding" issues some Battlefield 4 players are experiencing during 64-player matches, according to a post on the official Battlefield blog.

"We wanted to provide a quick update on the issues with Battlefield 4 "rubber-banding" some players on certain platforms experienced during matches with 64-players," the post reads. "Looking into this further, we're unhappy with our server performance, so we'll be upgrading the hardware as soon as possible, investing more to deliver a better experience.

"As soon as we know the exact timetable, we'll let you know the ETA. Reducing lag for these players is absolutely a TOP priority for us to solve and we expect to have the solution very soon."

DICE explained last month that fixing Battlefield 4's netcode issues is one of the developer's "top priorities." Netcode issues range from poor compensation for network latency, rubber-banding, glitches within the game and player-game world interaction bugs.

-Polygon

Sources:

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/04/addressing-battlefield-4-rubber-banding-issues/ - Battlefield Blog

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/2/5573204/ea-dice-upgrading-hardware-to-resolve-battlefield-4-rubber-banding - Polygon

Specs: [CPU: Intel i5-4570(Clock to 3.6Ghz)] [GPU: Dual-X R9 270x 2GB] [RAM: x1 HyperX Blu 8GB 1600] [OS: Win8.1]

Good job DICE... just that you are a few months late and people have been asking for you to fix it ever since the game came out.

They had to play a couple hundred games of basketball and throw some rocks in a pond first. Ya' know, important stuff.

They are updating servers?!
YESSSSSS.

They should've done this already in Bad Company 2 but at least we are getting a fix now.

RTX2070OC 

Hey, HEY...don;t get to bloody excited...they said the net code was going to be much improved. They said a lot of things that didn't happen

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Hey, HEY...don;t get to bloody excited...they said the net code was going to be much improved. They said a lot of things that didn't happen

Yes, but the netcode issue comes from the servers.

Better servers = No rubber banding/good netcode

RTX2070OC 

Yes, but the netcode issue comes from the servers.

Better servers = No rubber banding/good netcode

not saying it won't be better, just saying it may not happen at all or take a lot longer than expected...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones