Mining on azure

Yes, but considering that you are still paying for use of anything more than basic stuff (or even basic stuff), its not really worth it.

-> Moved to Folding@home, Boinc, and Coin Mining

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

And they'll suspend your account. My friend told me that his friend tried it and his account got suspended in a couple of hours. Try it a few more times and they'll probably start blocking your credit card. And you only have so many credit cards to use.

23 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Yes, but considering that you are still paying for use of anything more than basic stuff (or even basic stuff), its not really worth it.

-> Moved to Folding@home, Boinc, and Coin Mining

but it will be worth it if Ii use a student email adress

6 minutes ago, Trinopoty said:

And they'll suspend your account. My friend told me that his friend tried it and his account got suspended in a couple of hours. Try it a few more times and they'll probably start blocking your credit card. And you only have so many credit cards to use.

then what would happen If I use a student email adress?

i get 100 dolllars free credit right?

Just now, austintechtips said:

but it will be worth it if Ii use a student email adress

I doubt it. You are looking for something which will have high computing power. Just look at the pricing of such services, it really isn't worth it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 minutes ago, austintechtips said:

then what would happen If I use a student email adress?

i get 100 dolllars free credit right?

Pretty much the same thing happens. They'll suspend your account and there goes your free credit.

26 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

I doubt it. You are looking for something which will have high computing power. Just look at the pricing of such services, it really isn't worth it.

Hey apparently you can mine on azure using an msdn enterprise subscription

But will it be worth it?

I mean I will get the money back for what I paid by mining

So it is worth it right?

12 minutes ago, austintechtips said:

But will it be worth it?

So it is worth it right?

Honestly, I don't know. I checked some pricing on hardware needed for high computing power machine learning, and thats about price of gaming PC per month. I've heard that mining Ethereum with cheap electricity pays back the price of GPU in 6 months. So based on that, I doubt its worth it. But you could go and see what kind of performance you are getting, and use that to estimate if you are going to make any money on it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, austintechtips said:

But will it be worth it?

So it is worth it right?

If you have enough money to get an msdn enterprise subscription, you probably don't need to mine for crypto in the first place.

It's not worth it, they'll ban your account in less than 12 hours, and you might risk your whole institution being banned (so that might get you kicked out of your current institution).

Also, if you're looking at those free credits, it usually has some limitations on which SKUs you can use. IIRC, there are no GPU SKUs available in that tier.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

10 hours ago, austintechtips said:

But will it be worth it?

So it is worth it right?

Look at the pricing on Microsoft's site: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/virtual-machines/linux/

The cheapest machine with a GPU I could find has one K80 GPU. That machine costs $0.90 per hour. That's roughly $648 per month (30 days).

The amount of money you can earn with a single K80 based on Betterhash is less than $10 per month.

Not sure what kind of discount you can get with MSDN enterprise. But I highly doubt Microsoft will let you use a machine worth ~$650 a month at such a discount that you could ever turn a profit, even if they don't ban your account outright.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

11 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

Look at the pricing on Microsoft's site: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/virtual-machines/linux/

The cheapest machine with a GPU I could find has one K80 GPU. That machine costs $0.90 per hour. That's roughly $648 per month (30 days).

The amount of money you can earn with a single K80 based on Betterhash is less than $10 per month.

Not sure what kind of discount you can get with MSDN enterprise. But I highly doubt Microsoft will let you use a machine worth ~$650 a month at such a discount that you could ever turn a profit, even if they don't ban your account outright.

Hey google also has this kind of thing so can you mine on that?

1 minute ago, austintechtips said:

Hey google also has this kind of thing so can you mine on that?

No. You can't mine on Azure, AWS, Google Cloud or any other cloud platform and expect to make a profit.

The same rules apply for all of these: You'd have to pay more money per month for the virtual machine than you would be able to earn. And you'd most likely be violating their ToS, so your account would get locked in short order.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply