Looking for new XBOX 360 controller.

WaitWhaaaaat

My son just broke my old x360 controller. When I check online stores I've found that new original is sold for 140 USD!!!
Is it really so expensive? There is lots of very cheap on ebay but those are not original, and by looking at reviews way worse than original.

Worst case scenario I will buy used one, but I'm afraid that those will be quite old and possibly damaged.

3 minutes ago, WaitWhaaaaat said:

My son just broke my old x360 controller. When I check online stores I've found that new original is sold for 140 USD!!!
Is it really so expensive? There is lots of very cheap on ebay but those are not original, and by looking at reviews way worse than original.

Worst case scenario I will buy used one, but I'm afraid that those will be quite old and possibly damaged.

They don't sell them new anymore since a long time, so finding one in retail packaging at a retail store is incredibly rare. It's like finding a sealed Gamecube.

Your best bet would be to go for a used controller, they are way cheaper as well, since they are used after all. Try to test it before you buy if you're not sure.

The controllers are out of production since years and only chance is used or new old stock. Another alternative could be a Xbox one controller because it's mostly the same but if you really want a 360 controller I wouldn't be afraid to get a wired one used or a wireless with a receiver if something is wrong on it like a bad joystick it's replacable

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, demonix00 said:

And both are cheap Chinese knock-offs.

The 2nd one looks pretty legit with over 200 sold and excellent seller's rating. You get the eBay buyer protection in any case.

18 hours ago, RedDeath_ said:

The 2nd one looks pretty legit with over 200 sold and excellent seller's rating. You get the eBay buyer protection in any case.

It isn't as the label is missing several markers like the FCC and packaging is easy to counterfeit.

Also you wouldn't be able to find over 200 BNIB controllers for an older console unless they aren't genuine.

On 6/26/2021 at 4:47 PM, demonix00 said:

It isn't as the label is missing several markers like the FCC and packaging is easy to counterfeit.

Also you wouldn't be able to find over 200 BNIB controllers for an older console unless they aren't genuine.

I think the important question weather they are 'bootleg' or 'grey market'.  It's not unheard of for factories in china, tooled entirely to make the real product, to then run additional, unauthorized production shifts to make more product which is then sold under the RADAR of the company that designed it. So while the production is 'unauthorized' it's produced by the same production line as the real thing and just as good.  After all, their only real cost is labor and raw materials.  The design, advertising and tooling is already paid for by the company that designed the product.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade