Laptop GPU temperature sensor defective, worth/possible to repair?

My partner's laptop has been acting up for a few months now, the fans will randomly ramp up to full speed, regardless of load, and stay that way until the PC is shut down. We sent it into a PC repair shop and they determined that the temperature sensor on the GPU was defective, sometimes behaving normally but other times reading -32768 degrees, causing the fans to go crazy.

To my knowledge they either do not have the equipment to repair the part, or cannot obtain the part due to the manufacturer not making it available (it is an Asus laptop). The laptop is far out of warranty, and I know that Asus will try to charge me for an entirely new board if I attempt to send it to them for repair, so that is out of the question.

Is it even worth trying to track down the part myself so I can hand it over to a shop that is equipped to do board repair? Does anyone know of maybe a software workaround for this? The laptop is running a GTX 1060 mobile GPU, definitely not the hottest card but would overheat quickly if I were to disconnect the GPU fan entirely.

Thanks!

Not all PC shop can fix that issue, only pcb level technicians.

Disconnecting the fan would be a bad idea, any gpu will ramp up quickly.

Try asus first, if they have a workshop in your country, they might do it, won't be cheap though.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w