Structured data export from this forum.

Is it possible to export data from this forum in a semi-structured way?

Like posts i made or entire topics.

ಠ_ಠ

Not by default. But I'm sure its possible with combination of search and scraping HTML.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yes there is a way. Go to the burger menu (top right) then "my activity streams" click "content I posted in" and scroll to the bottom and you'll see an RSS button. You can use that link to input the data into whatever you want as it is just XML, it also has links in there so you can get the RSS of the subpage that will contain your posts.

Thats as structured as you'll get without having DB access.

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Not by default. But I'm sure its possible with combination of search and scraping HTML.

Obviously, but I would rather not do it that way if this feature already exists.

@FlappyBoobs Thanks. This makes filtering topics really easy. I still have to go trough the topic page by page if i want all my replies.

ಠ_ಠ

For the record, the feed can be indexed via the "page" query parameter.

ಠ_ಠ

11 minutes ago, shadow_ray said:

Obviously, but I would rather not do it that way if this feature already exists.

You could make request with forum support form https://linustechtips.com/contact/ E: I mean for database scrape, if you want to suggest this is new feature, I can move thread to correct subforum for those.

This is something that most members don't have need to. Or can achieve by using the existing tools such as activity streams or search.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

if you want to suggest this is new feature, I can move thread to correct subforum for those.

8 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

This is something that most members don't have need to

I'm aware of this, that's why I posted it here.

I assumed the existence of such feature based on the forum's privacy policy: "8. Requesting Your Information If you would like to request all of the information associated with your account for data portability, please contact a staff member on the forum."

ಠ_ಠ

1 hour ago, shadow_ray said:

I'm aware of this, that's why I posted it here.

I assumed the existence of such feature based on the forum's privacy policy: "8. Requesting Your Information If you would like to request all of the information associated with your account for data portability, please contact a staff member on the forum."

Like it says, contact using the form linked. Our admin will handle such detailed requests, or anything that requires database access.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv