Is galax a good company?

Cephalexin

Hello guys,

So I am planning to buy GALAX GTX 1660 super .Is it a good company also i've heard that this card overheat very fast is that true? 

Any specific card can be good or bad, regardless of a manuf.  Asus, EVGA and other companies have had terrible designs.

Galax is a fine company.  Is this specific design good?  No clue, that'd take research.

They're a decent company. I had their Hall of Fame GTX 970 and they performed great. They are also known as KFA2.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

They're pretty cheap-o'ish, just misleading some people because they also do "high end" water cooled versions, a marketing gag basically. Doesnt mean their general offerings arent bottom of the barrel stuff.

Kinda on the same level as Zotac imo.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

They're pretty cheap-o'ish, just misleading some people because they also do "high end" water cooled versions, a marketing gag basically. Doesnt mean their general offerings arent bottom of the barrel stuff.

Kinda on the same level as Zotac imo.

So should i get it or it sucks?

59 minutes ago, Cephalexin said:

So should i get it or it sucks?

Only if you have no other choice, i mean its going to work but expect it too run hot.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Galax is a "respectable" brand. You are unlikely to find many informed impressions of particular Galax cards because they don't sell in North America and most of the major PC hardware reviewers are in the US or Canada. 

If you can get the 1660 Super you're looking at for a decent price in this day and age, go for it.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16