Can using throttle stop in bootcamp effect Mac OS performance?

Go to solution Solved by unclewebb,

@Der Hobbitlose ThrottleStop makes no long term changes to the CPU or to Windows. It has absolutely nothing to do with any issues you are having in MacOS.

Hello kind people,

So, I'll try to keep it short.

About half a year ago, I installed bootcamp on my MacBook Pro 16' (i7, 5500M, 16BG Ram), since all I wanted to do is play league of legends and theoretically, my MBP should run all over my old PC (4 year old dual core i3...). Now the performance was... underwhelming... I tried using throttle stop in Windows to get the Game running smoother. After spending days and still not having a good experience, I eventually became so annoyed, that I deleted the bootcamp drive. But now my actual problem: I'm getting extreme performance issues in MacOS... especially, when I connect my Monitor (full HD), I can't even use Lightroom while I'm in a Zoom meeting... The "kernel task" in the activity monitor just goes through the roof. Is it possible, that my fiddling around with throttle stop in bootcamp now bites me in the behind after going back to MacOSß

Thank you in advance!!

On 5/26/2021 at 4:29 AM, unclewebb said:

@Der Hobbitlose ThrottleStop makes no long term changes to the CPU or to Windows. It has absolutely nothing to do with any issues you are having in MacOS.

Thanks! So now I know, it's not me who f*ed s*t up... :DD
Apperently Zoom just starts devouring my recources a few minutes after joining a call... guess I'll try reinstalling it. 
Thank you for the help!