Bit of bad luck i'd say

SimplyChunk
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,

Remove shroud, ziptie/tape some arctic p12 fans to the card, plug fans into motherboard, put at high speed and enjoy a working card. Of course MONITOR THERMALS CLOSELY.

How's about this.聽 Arranged a temporary swap with a friend.聽 His Zotac AMP 2080ti for my 1070 Armor so i can see what I could get out of my 8700k with an upgrade and two of the fan bearings went in his card.聽 Got a set ordered on ebay but now neither of us can use it for a month while we wait for shipping 馃檮

聽With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Remove shroud, ziptie/tape some arctic p12 fans to the card, plug fans into motherboard, put at high speed and enjoy a working card. Of course MONITOR THERMALS CLOSELY.

Just now, jaslion said:

yeah that's an idea.聽 I think i got some old 90mm fans somewhere.聽 I'll have to have a dig up the garage

聽With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

5 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

yeah that's an idea.聽 I think i got some old 90mm fans somewhere.聽 I'll have to have a dig up the garage

Warning not all fans will suffice.

6 hours ago, jaslion said:

Warning not all fans will suffice.

It's OK he didn't want to do that anyways.聽 He's getting it back until the fans are here.聽 No way i'm having that noise in my machine for a month.聽 Even if it does mean i'm back to 900p on the 1070 in Warzone again 馃檮

19 hours ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

It's OK he didn't want to do that anyways.聽 He's getting it back until the fans are here.聽 No way i'm having that noise in my machine for a month.聽 Even if it does mean i'm back to 900p on the 1070 in Warzone again 馃檮

900p in a 1070? That card can easily run it at 1440p 60fps with medium settings.

13 hours ago, jaslion said:

900p in a 1070? That card can easily run it at 1440p 60fps with medium settings.

The key word is 60fps there.聽 I like to run my XL2720 strobed in first person shooters. Which as it's just the older 'T' variant means running at 120Hz.聽 Any less than 90fps while strobing causes cross talk and ghosting.聽 Third person games i'll run at 60Hz/fps and the really heavy stuff like cyberpunk i'll run at whatever i can get.聽 But Warzone and Modern Warfare MP i like to run at 120fps or as close to that as possible anyways