What are some good USB-C cables that limit your charging output capacity?

Linus said in in S21 video that he goes out of his way to find cables that charge his phones at 5 Watts in order to better preserve battery life.

RIght now I'm close to buying an S21 (Samsung's trade offer lets me buy it at 400usd), so naturally being 2021, I need to get my own wall charger. The one I'm close to buying is the RAVPower 65W charger with USB C for the S21 and USB A port for both my iPad and Airpods. So, naturally, the S21 will be fast charging all the time, effectively lowering the battery life after a year or two (my 1.5yo S10e needs to be charged at least 3 times a day).

However, I'm having a bit of trouble finding USB-C to USB-C cables with the 5W power transfer capacity Linus talked about. Do any of you have any idea where might I find one of those?

Thank you.

56 minutes ago, EKasis said:

So, naturally, the S21 will be fast charging all the time,

Or, the simplest solution... just disable fast charging on the S21...

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

get a the cheapest charger from the local store and get a cheap usb-a to c. should do the trick

Babysitting a battery like this seems a little OCD. It should last at least 3 or 4 years before any serious degradation. If you really plan on keeping a phone that long then you can replace the battery.

5 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

Babysitting a battery like this seems a little OCD. It should last at least 3 or 4 years before any serious degradation. If you really plan on keeping a phone that long then you can replace the battery.

I do have a little OCD because I usually use the same smartphone for 2 years before I get a new one, and my current S10e needs to be charged at least 3 times per day.

Add up that I know how bad (and even harmful) most USB-C dongles are thanks to me owning a Macbook, and it's a recipee for disaster.

I was planning on replacing my battery, but I figured out I'm tired of not getting barely any updates when there's some clear issues that need fixing. I'd rather just update to a newer phone.

-> Moved to Phones and Tablets

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Get a different charging brick. The only time I've ever found a cable to make a difference, was in the toys I get my kids. Those have charging cables that are only wired for power & will not transfer data if you connect it to a computer. 

These have been just slow enough to be noticable, but every other cable I've used charges at whatever rate the power brick is putting out. 

Your daily usage & charging habits will affect battery life more than most typical charging equipment will. 

Linus did a video a year or two back on proper charging & battery cycles. 

Constant on/off the charger to babysit the device was the worst. Maintain 40-80% typical capacity, and when you do charge do it all in one go. 

On 5/24/2021 at 1:02 AM, EKasis said:

I do have a little OCD because I usually use the same smartphone for 2 years before I get a new one, and my current S10e needs to be charged at least 3 times per day.

3 times a day, ouch. Slow charging (generally about 0.5 amp or so) has always worked well for me. We always run the batteries down low and charge them up fully. Have a stack of 8 devices here in the house that range from 6-8 old that still go at least a full day on a charge without issue.

It's the charger that's limiting the charging current though. A cable can disable fast charge in some situations, but it will still allow quite a bit more current than I want.