Cpu Idel is high

Hello for some reason even on idel my cpu is around the 60-68 temp. My gaming temp is literally about the same it goes to  60-75. I know the gaming temp is fine but I cant figure out why the idel is high. I did download msi Dragon center due to my motherboard being a msi.  No matter what  pre made fans settings i do or even a fan curve it stays the same. Here is my specs.

Processor Intell i7-10700k 3.8ghz 8 core ( Stock have not over clocked or mess with the bios besides using the fan curve on dragon center)
Motherboard: MSI 590 pro wifi (MS-7D09)
Cpu Cooler: H60I RGB Pro XT
Ram :Vengeance RGB pro  DDR 4 3600
Graphic Card : Nivida 3060 Founders
Case: Corsair  iCue 220T Airflow Midtower  Smart case black ( Not the glass mine has the vents in front)

Temps on idel.png

Idle temps don't mean much of anything, if your load temps are fine, you don't need to concern yourself about your idle temps, 60-68C wont damage your CPU either. 

Do note as well, HWMonitor isn't very accurate when it comes to what data it gives out, HWInfo64 is significantly better and should be used over HWMonitor. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Realistically, your idle temps are a lot lower than 60+, as the package is showing 64 because you have a single core on the chip at 68 for some reason.

Could be an uneven thermal paste application or just an odd chip.

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

@Avinash05 If you want lower idle temps make sure the C states are enabled in the BIOS. Intel CPUs are very efficient when idle as long as all of the low power C states are properly enabled. Your package power consumption is too high. This is what creates unnecessary heat. 

i4tnKgl.jpg

There showing about the same. But im fine with that temp as long as its not going to damage anything.

Temps on idel with hwi.png

@unclewebb Is this easy to do? Sorry im new i have a msi motherboard so is it just as easy as clicking something or do i have to figure out the best numbers for me.

10 minutes ago, Avinash05 said:

Is this easy to do?

Your HWiNFO screenshot shows that the C states are already enabled. The problem is that you have something running on your computer in the background. This is what is increasing power consumption and your idle temps. 

Open the Task Manger, go to the Details tab and click on the CPU heading to organize the running tasks on your computer. Some inefficient software is probably loading your CPU more than it should be.

When idle, my cores average 99% of the time in the C7 state. Your screenshot shows only 30.3%. Big difference.

image.png.ca705a1e2f855295e6bcca3990a1710e.png

1 hour ago, unclewebb said:

@Avinash05 If you want lower idle temps make sure the C states are enabled in the BIOS. Intel CPUs are very efficient when idle as long as all of the low power C states are properly enabled. Your package power consumption is too high. This is what creates unnecessary heat. 

i4tnKgl.jpg

agreed; my 10900KF idles at around 7.2w package power

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

I uninstalled some Asus stuff i had left over from my old build. Like my Asus motherboard and asrock programs now its at  38s to  40? So im guessing that must have been causing problems?

(This was a bran new redux build but i had a local store  swap out the mother board and the cheap parts and got a new case.) so  I still had the old mother board stuff installed.

ICUE is not great software. If you need it you need it. I avoid installing boated software like that on my computer.

1 minute ago, unclewebb said:

ICUE is not great software. If you need it you need it. I avoid installing boated software like that on my computer.

Yea ive heard mix reviews. I'm not using its control software besides the Rgb controlling. Cause its all corsair so that way I can just link all the colors and styles threw out the parts.

5 hours ago, unclewebb said:

Some inefficient software is probably loading your CPU more than it should be.

Probably "MSI Dragoncenter"  😅

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I hate having to have so much trash just to control RGB.

Right now I have

iCUE

ASUS Armory Crate

Gigabyte RGB Fusion
Razer Synapse

Luckily CPU is only around 0.6-2% while idle, and only around 26% of my memory used (8gb!!!!)

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Icue is what's preventing your cpu from going to idle most likely.   It prevents mine from idling as well.   

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

2 hours ago, miagisan said:

Icue is what's preventing your cpu from going to idle most likely.   It prevents mine from idling as well.   

Yup, i forgot but i think its like using 5-10% constantly … deinstalled that garbage, installed corsair link, 0.6%!  But it does not control RGB I think… not sure I dont have anything to test it with, I only use it for my PSU fans.

2 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

I hate having to have so much trash just to control RGB.

Right now I have

iCUE

ASUS Armory Crate

Gigabyte RGB Fusion
Razer Synapse

Luckily CPU is only around 0.6-2% while idle, and only around 26% of my memory used (8gb!!!!)

lol, yeah youre lucky with the cpu usage there… not so much with the RAM 😮 the only RGB in my PC is the GPU (3070 VISION OC) but im not going to install any software to control it, its light blue already anyways, just like my front leds (inwin). Learned my lesson with dragoncenter and "cam"  oof. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Yup, i forgot but i think its like using 5-10% constantly … deinstalled that garbage, installed corsair link, 0.6%!  But it does not control RGB I think… not sure I dont have anything to test it with, I only use it for my PSU fans.

lol, yeah youre lucky with the cpu usage there… not so much with the RAM 😮 the only RGB in my PC is the GPU (3070 VISION OC) but im not going to install any software to control it, its light blue already anyways, just like my front leds (inwin). Learned my lesson with dragoncenter and "cam"  oof. 

It's not really representative - it's just memory load which windows tends to leave committed even if it's not actually in use. That was after maybe 9 hours on with a history of running random apps that day