Special gaming chair for my wife (broken tailbone)

Go to solution Solved by Radium_Angel,

Hi! 

Guessing this is the correct sub-forum to post on?

My wife is quite the gamer but she has never really had a chair. Reason is, she broke her tailbone when she was younger and sitting in chairs causes her a lot of pain after a while. (Now she just lays on a bed or couch with her gaming laptop)

This is probably a stretch, but is it possible to find a chair suitable for her? I know certain sitting pillows exist, but I'm more looking for specially designed chairs/gaming chairs. 

I don't expect these to exist, but thought I'd ask just in case 🙂 Maybe someone knows or is someone who is in a similar position with a solution. 

Thanks!

Have you looked into those chairs where you sit on your knees?

Supposed to take weight off your back and surrounding area

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Have you looked into those chairs where you sit on your knees?

Supposed to take weight off your back and surrounding area

Hm... I have not, not sure which chairs you mean. Could I have example? 

Edit: As (un)luck also have it, she also messed up one of her knees in a car accident when she was a kid too lol. So putting pressure on those might also be a bad idea

7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Oh wow! They list a few options there! Exactly what i was looking for! Thank you!
Marked as solution!

Edit: Albeit some of them are upwards 2000$ yikes. Might have to look around a bit more

A "gaming chair" is the exact opposite direction you should be going for something like that. Chairs sold today from the myriad of chinese junk companies are absolutely horrible for proper posture and seating comfort and cater to kid's who will believe that their chair somehow should be related to gaming. 

Its a scam, one that is working quite well for those uninformed. 

She needs a properly designed office chair from a reputable company and/or something like this. 

https://www.amazon.com/Tailbone-Cushion/s?k=Tailbone+Cushion

1 hour ago, alienpope said:

Edit: Albeit some of them are upwards 2000$ yikes. Might have to look around a bit more

Surely your wife is worth it! 🤪

But I get it, that's a lot of cash....

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Surely your wife is worth it! 🤪

But I get it, that's a lot of cash....

She sure is! If i had that kind of cash that is lol

The chair made by the drummer with the "split seat" seems like something you could make yourself, for very little cash, it's basically a split, or a hole, for the tailbone section to "float"

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

The chair made by the drummer with the "split seat" seems like something you could make yourself, for very little cash, it's basically a split, or a hole, for the tailbone section to "float"

Possibly! The prices on those are a bit more reasonable though. Hoping they ship to Sweden haha