Guide Recomendation for Ethereum Mining

BoxTurtle

Hello, I am going to start ethereum mining soon (please don't talk me out of it) and I need a good guide to show me how. Like how to install all the software, connect to a pool and stuff like that. Pls respond with you recomended guide. 

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!

It'll vary a bit with miner and pool, but the general gist is:

1. Get a wallet program (I use MyEtherWallet, MetaMask and Exodus)
  2. Find a miner you like (T-rex miner and Phoenix miner are two I've used)
  3. Find a pool that suits you (look at things like minimum payout and pool fee. I have used Ethermine, but am now on Binance to mine to my exchange wallet)
  4. Set up your miner with that pool and your wallet and mine away

Most pools have some miners they recommend and how to set them up with their pool in their support pages. In point 3 pay good attention to minimum payout especially and make sure that you realise how long it'll take for you to get your ETH on your wallet. You can use a mining calculator to get an estimate of your hashrate and profits to check it.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 hour ago, tikker said:

It'll vary a bit with miner and pool, but the general gist is:

1. Get a wallet program (I use MyEtherWallet, MetaMask and Exodus)
  2. Find a miner you like (T-rex miner and Phoenix miner are two I've used)
  3. Find a pool that suits you (look at things like minimum payout and pool fee. I have used Ethermine, but am now on Binance to mine to my exchange wallet)
  4. Set up your miner with that pool and your wallet and mine away

Most pools have some miners they recommend and how to set them up with their pool in their support pages. In point 3 pay good attention to minimum payout especially and make sure that you realise how long it'll take for you to get your ETH on your wallet. You can use a mining calculator to get an estimate of your hashrate and profits to check it.

Thanks

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!