How do i connect a masterliquid ml240l to a b550 ds3h without any compatibility issues?

Go to solution Solved by brob,
1 hour ago, Marshmallok said:

Im trying to find the cpu opt slot on my b550 but can only see a cpu fan,how do i plug this pump in, along with the fans and also be able to sync them with the rest of my case with no problem?

The cooler comes with a pwm fan splitter for the radiator fans. Its installation instructions suggests using one fan header for the pump and another for the splitter connected radiator fans. There are two general fan headers on the motherboard. Use one for the radiator fans. Use the cpu fan header for the pump.

The aio includes wiring for the ARGB lighting. Follow the manual directions and use the ARGB header on the motherboard.

Im trying to find the cpu opt slot on my b550 but can only see a cpu fan,how do i plug this pump in, along with the fans and also be able to sync them with the rest of my case with no problem?

2 minutes ago, Marshmallok said:

Im trying to find the cpu opt slot on my b550 but can only see a cpu fan,how do i plug this radiator in, and also be able to sync it with the rest of my case with no problem?

you mean plug the pump in? 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Just now, VioDuskar said:

you mean plug the pump in? 

Yeah sorry,im just extremely sleepy this morning,yeah i meant pump

Just now, Marshmallok said:

Yeah sorry,im just extremely sleepy this morning,yeah i meant pump

i'd plug the pump into CPU_FAN, then the fans into SYS_Fans via a splitter to make sure they're in sync.
or plug them all into a 1-3 splitter from the CPU_FAN header. 

i don't see any reason that it would be an issue. that's how we used to do it before we hand pump headers. or we used MOLEX to fan adapters.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallok said:

The cooler comes with a pwm fan splitter for the radiator fans. Its installation instructions suggests using one fan header for the pump and another for the splitter connected radiator fans. There are two general fan headers on the motherboard. Use one for the radiator fans. Use the cpu fan header for the pump.

The aio includes wiring for the ARGB lighting. Follow the manual directions and use the ARGB header on the motherboard.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.