RAM sticks clearance for AIO cooling in ICue 220t case.

I am currently planning on building a pc but upon trying the specs out on pcpartpicker, it says that there might be a an issue with the CPU cooler and RAM sticks with tall heat spreaders. I plan to install the radiator and fans on the top of the pc but I think it might not fit since the RAM will be too tall. Has anyone tried this and what ram and AIO did you guys used. I've also tried changing the ram to other brands but it still flags the clearance. Thanks!

Specs:

MOBO: MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI

Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB)

AIO: H100i Elite Capellix iCUE RGB

Case: Corsair ICUE 220t

16 minutes ago, kendrickl said:

I am currently planning on building a pc but upon trying the specs out on pcpartpicker, it says that there might be a an issue with the CPU cooler and RAM sticks with tall heat spreaders. I plan to install the radiator and fans on the top of the pc but I think it might not fit since the RAM will be too tall. Has anyone tried this and what ram and AIO did you guys used. I've also tried changing the ram to other brands but it still flags the clearance. Thanks!

Specs:

MOBO: MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI

Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB)

AIO: H100i Elite Capellix iCUE RGB

Case: Corsair ICUE 220t

usually the clearance issue comes into play when using a tower cooler since the heatsink physically goes over the ram slots in some cases.  Using a all in one wouldn't cause these issues

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

1 hour ago, xdeathshot20 said:

usually the clearance issue comes into play when using a tower cooler since the heatsink physically goes over the ram slots in some cases.  Using a all in one wouldn't cause these issues

Have you tried it?

• 6 months later...

A bit later to the party but I wanted to confirm the AIO + RAM clearance issues with the 220T. Its a no-go with any RAM over roughly 3.4 mm. So anything with reasonably high heat spreaders or RGB. Low profile RAM fits with the AIO in the top mounted configuration, but that seriously limits the RAM you can buy.

Going with a front mounted AIO only works if your GPU allows - I have an EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra, and it is too long to front mount the AIO. I otherwise have no complaints about the case, though.