Disabling "request to pair" notifications

I'm having an issue on my Android phone when travelling in a family member's car. The in-car entertainment system keeps sending Bluetooth pairing requests to my phone.

Obviously because it's not my car I don't want to pair my phone to it. But every few minutes I get a notification which says "Incoming pairing request - tap to pair with [the car's Bluetooth name]"

This is very annoying. How can I block these notifications?

Solutions that are not acceptable to me -- Modifying any settings in the car - it's not mine to tamper with, and in any case I don't think it provides that option - or disabling Bluetooth - I need to be able to use it for other things.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

My older phones had an option "visible to only paired devices", can't find it on my current for some reason. Hopefully yours has it.

11 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

My older phones had an option "visible to only paired devices", can't find it on my current for some reason. Hopefully yours has it.

Maybe I'm just being thick, but I can't actually find any Bluetooth settings in my phone beyond the list of devices to pair to!

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

2 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Maybe I'm just being thick, but I can't actually find any Bluetooth settings in my phone beyond the list of devices to pair to!

You probably don't have it then, its really odd.

Connect to it and turn off automatically connect? Or maybe there's a setting in the car to disable it

As Someone with the username “</TheCoder2019_”, my coding skills are atrocious.

Here are my specs:

Spoiler

MSI PRO-VLH H310M

Intel Core i3-8100 (Thanks, @Schnoz!)

GTX 1060 OC 3GB or Intel UHD 630

16GB (2x8) Cosair Vengeance LPX CL16 - 2400MHz

GAMDIAS Argus M1

An old friend of mine - Intel stock cooler (temps through the roof like 60 C under load)

Linux Apps you NEED!

Spoiler

tmux

dhcpd

git

Hi! I love RGB! Who doesn't? Karens that don't have colorful lights on their Facebook page

1 minute ago, TheCoder2019 said:

Connect to it and turn off automatically connect? Or maybe there's a setting in the car to disable it

I've already said that messing with the car isn't as option, as it's not mine.

pythonmegapixel

4 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

I've already said that messing with the car isn't as option, as it's not mine.

Ah. I see now. Do you need BT while in the car? If not, turn it off

As Someone with the username “</TheCoder2019_”, my coding skills are atrocious.

Here are my specs:

Spoiler

MSI PRO-VLH H310M

Intel Core i3-8100 (Thanks, @Schnoz!)

GTX 1060 OC 3GB or Intel UHD 630

16GB (2x8) Cosair Vengeance LPX CL16 - 2400MHz

GAMDIAS Argus M1

An old friend of mine - Intel stock cooler (temps through the roof like 60 C under load)

Linux Apps you NEED!

Spoiler

tmux

dhcpd

git

Hi! I love RGB! Who doesn't? Karens that don't have colorful lights on their Facebook page

10 hours ago, TheCoder2019 said:

Ah. I see now. Do you need BT while in the car? If not, turn it off

Well, I sometimes want to listen to my own music through bluetooth headphones in the car. But I guess I could turn it off and use wired headphones.

It's silly that this functionality seemingly can't be turned off from the end of the person who it bombards with notifications, but nevermind... 

pythonmegapixel