Powerline Adapter having trouble with connection

SuicidalAussie

I set this power line adapter connection up at the end of last year, and for months it worked completely fine with no problems whatsoever. Not even a network dropout. The issue for us is that the network router is on the other side of the house so we need to use this stuff. I also had a wifi extender set up to extend wifi to the living room, however it was running handicapped at the time. About a week ago I decided to fix the wifi connection to my Dad's PC so he can have a faster connection, and now he's running amazingly but ever since my power line connection has been having consistent problems with speed.

Now I have two theories about this:

1: The Wifi extender is actually affecting the Power line connection, which would explain why it was fine until I fixed the extender.

2: The power line adapters I have are some pretty old TP-Link ones that might be failing, conveniently after I fixed the extender.

Thoughts?

Several years ago i also used some cheap "Icy-Box" powerline adapters and had dropout issues. I noticed every time i had a drop that thing was extremely hot. Maybe some overheating problem.

(Then i bit the bullet and pulled a cable through several walls (not dry wall, but massive brick walls) to get a connection directly to my room. It was completely worth it 😄)

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.