Problem with Port-Forwarding

kxith

Hey, I'm trying to open a port on my router an PC.
I opened the port in my fritzbox, opened the port in my firewall but still not able to connect to my router via this port.

Can anyone help me opening that port?

Well we need more information. What port are you trying to open? Minecraft? Web server?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Hey @Sir Asvald ,
I'm trying to open a custom port (10134) and configured the following:

Screenshot_74.png

1 minute ago, kxith said:

Hey @Sir Asvald ,
I'm trying to open a custom port (10134) and configured the following:

Screenshot_74.png

What is the port for and how are you trying to access it?

23 minutes ago, kxith said:

but still not able to connect to my router via this port.

Are you trying to connect to your router from outside your network?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

I'm trying to access the port by another computer outside my network, yes.

-= Topic moved to Networking =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

9 hours ago, kxith said:

So you're trying connect to your network? For that you'll need a VPN. Please can you quote so we know you've replied.

2 hours ago, Sir Asvald said:

So you're trying connect to your network? For that you'll need a VPN. Please can you quote so we know you've replied.

You're jumping the gun at bit there, we still do not know WHAT that port is being used for, a VPN is only one possibility.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

23 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

You're jumping the gun at bit there, we still do not know WHAT that port is being used for, a VPN is only one possibility.

Well he or she did say that they are is using it to connect to his network from an outside PC.. 

6 minutes ago, Sir Asvald said:

Well he or she did say that they are is using it to connect to his network from an outside PC.. 

I think you misinterpreted, they said they were trying to access that PORT from a PC outside the network.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

10 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I think you misinterpreted, they said they were trying to access that PORT from a PC outside the network.

That makes a lot of sense. 😅

1 hour ago, Sir Asvald said:

That makes a lot of sense. 😅

I told another person on discord to look over my settings and they said that everything should be configured the correct way...

Just now, kxith said:

I told another person on discord to look over my settings and they said that everything should be configured the correct way...

What is the port for?

3 minutes ago, kxith said:

Check if you're behind CG-NAT

On your router check what your public IP is and compare that to what other sites show your public IP to be. If they aren't the same then that explains it.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Check if you're behind CG-NAT

On your router check what your public IP is and compare that to what other sites show your public IP to be. If they aren't the same then that explains it.

Oh yeah I remeber other sides to show another IP as the one my router says. Whan can I do to fix that?

4 minutes ago, kxith said:

Oh yeah I remeber other sides to show another IP as the one my router says. Whan can I do to fix that?

You'll have to talk with your ISP and see if they can provide you a static public IP address which usually costs money each month 😞

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 minutes ago, kxith said:

The question is, where did you get the IP address you are were trying to access from the other network?

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You'll have to talk with your ISP and see if they can provide you a static public IP address which usually costs money each month 😞

Alright, is this the only way to fix that or am I able to use a DynDNS or something? Didn't fully get how that stuff works xD

1 minute ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

The question is, where did you get the IP address you are were trying to access from the other network?

I got it in my router overview. 

33 minutes ago, kxith said:

I got it in my router overview. 

If its a public IP address then it should work and yes DynDNS should also be fine.

An easy way to check if its public is to see what a site like https://whatsmyip.com/ says and if it doesn't match what your router is reporting your ISP might be using CG-NAT which is a problem.