Please help with drivers questions please!

Go to solution Solved by Radium_Angel,
34 minutes ago, SomeRandomNerd said:

Do I need to install just the latest released driver for each type?

This is correct. 

And lastly there are drivers listed on ASUS's website for LAN, Wireless, Audio, Chipset, VGA, Bluetooth, Utilities, SATA Should I just install all of them?

This is also generally agreed upon to be correct.

VGA (graphics driver) only if you are not using a discrete video card.

Hello, I'm just a newb to computer building and I just have some questions about installing drivers as I only know the very basic stuff.

I do know that people say to install the Chipset and gpu VGA drivers from AMD or Intel or Nvidia themselves, but what are the exact details? I went with AMD for my cpu (5800x), so I need to get the other drivers it lists under the chipset driver (AMD RAID Installer, AMD RAID Driver, StoreMI)?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

On my motherboard manufacturers (ASUS) website, for multiple drivers types- when you click 'See All Downloads' it lists other past released drivers with larger or different file sizes. Do I need to install just the latest released driver for each type? Or do I have to install all of them, and in what order?

https://rog.asus.com/ca-en/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x570-e-gaming-model/helpdesk_download

And lastly there are drivers listed on ASUS's website for LAN, Wireless, Audio, Chipset, VGA, Bluetooth, Utilities, SATA, Qualified Vendor List, which ones do I need? Should I just install all of them?

https://rog.asus.com/ca-en/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x570-e-gaming-model/helpdesk_download

x570 Driver List from AMD.PNG

Different Driver Sizes and Release Dates (Example for Wireless).PNG

Were your boards drivers not automatically installed with windows?

Do I need to install just the latest released driver for each type?

This is correct. 

And lastly there are drivers listed on ASUS's website for LAN, Wireless, Audio, Chipset, VGA, Bluetooth, Utilities, SATA Should I just install all of them?

This is also generally agreed upon to be correct.

VGA (graphics driver) only if you are not using a discrete video card.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

56 minutes ago, emosun said:

Were your boards drivers not automatically installed with windows?

I thought you had to install them manually after you let windows do it's thing. Doesn't windows only install the basic drivers?

2 hours ago, SomeRandomNerd said:

I thought you had to install them manually after you let windows do it's thing. Doesn't windows only install the basic drivers?

Most of the drivers windows installs are a few months to years out of date, it's always best to keep up to date on drivers right from the manufacturer's site.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.