GSKILL F4-3600C18D-16GTZR is it Samsung b-DIE

Hi guys please help . I am planning  to buy the ram with serial no Gskill

F4-3600C18D-16GTZR.

I want to know if its Samsung b die or not .. a screen shot will help if anyone has the exact same model number.  Ty

4 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

It is not B-die. B-die is typically 3200 C14 or 3600 C14, not 3600 C18. 

I don't think so that it's totally true.. I have seen C18 with Samsung b die

1 minute ago, Hotdropsonlyttv said:

I don't think so that it's totally true.. I have seen C18 with Samsung b die

Can you provide an example?
B-die is some of the best RAM there is, and can reach very tight frequencies and timings. I was able to run 3200 C14 on a Ryzen 5 1600X, with Zen 1's known weak IMC. It would be a complete waste to put it on 3600 C18 kits.

elephants

3 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Can you provide an example?
B-die is some of the best RAM there is, and can reach very tight frequencies and timings. I was able to run 3200 C14 on a Ryzen 5 1600X, with Zen 1's known weak IMC. It would be a complete waste to put it on 3600 C18 kits.

F4-3600C18D-16GTZN this one is 100% Samsung b die

Just now, Hotdropsonlyttv said:

Your proof?
The B-die checker lists:

Spoiler

image.png.1f988d505b9bf12291ae0d96f908b0fe.png

elephants

Just now, FakeKGB said:

Your proof?
The B-die checker lists:

Hide contents

image.png.1f988d505b9bf12291ae0d96f908b0fe.png

Let's say I have done extensive  research

2 minutes ago, Hotdropsonlyttv said:

F4-3600C16D-16GTZN is b die. Not that.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

5 minutes ago, Levent said:

F4-3600C16D-16GTZN is b die. Not that.

Here is the proof 

Screenshot_20210517-224514_Drive.jpg

4 minutes ago, Hotdropsonlyttv said:

Here is the proof 

Screenshot_20210517-224514_Drive.jpg

That would be the proof if Samsung only made B die rams.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

5 minutes ago, Levent said:

That would be the proof if Samsung only made B die rams.

It's written in the Asus website that chip is Samsung  , 

Just now, Hotdropsonlyttv said:

It's written in the Asus website that chip is Samsung  , 

Lol. It literally just says SAMSUNG there, Samsung makes A-B-C-D-E die, you are assuming it is B die. That RAM is not B die. As stated before B die rams have much better timings than that.

3 minutes ago, Levent said:

Lol. It literally just says SAMSUNG there, Samsung makes A-B-C-D-E die, you are assuming it is B die. That RAM is not B die. As stated before B die rams have much better timings than that.

Well understood  ... Damn so how can I find b die can you guide me please???

3 hours ago, Hotdropsonlyttv said:

Well understood  ... Damn so how can I find b die can you guide me please???

They left you hanging did they?

Here, try this link. Have fun!

https://benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/

• 1 year later...

Just FYI - G.Skill used to make 3600 MHz CL17 B-Die kits:
image.png.ff370900d0ddd55f552c28068ede4cf8.png

Additionally - if anyone would happen to have a 32 GB kit of the standard RGB (not the Neo's) Trident Z from the current years, could you please confirm or deny, if either the CL18 (F4-3600C18D-32GTZR) or CL16 (F4-3600C16D-32GTZRC) happens to have the B-Dies? Alternatively - if I don't really want to OC, and plan on switching to the R7 5800x3D - do the timings still matter, or would even going with some non-B-Die, CL18 basically have no impact on performance?

I'm mostly interested in smooth everyday operations & stability.

1 hour ago, Haamre said:

Just FYI - G.Skill used to make 3600 MHz CL17 B-Die kits:
image.png.ff370900d0ddd55f552c28068ede4cf8.png

Additionally - if anyone would happen to have a 32 GB kit of the standard RGB (not the Neo's) Trident Z from the current years, could you please confirm or deny, if either the CL18 (F4-3600C18D-32GTZR) or CL16 (F4-3600C16D-32GTZRC) happens to have the B-Dies? Alternatively - if I don't really want to OC, and plan on switching to the R7 5800x3D - do the timings still matter, or would even going with some non-B-Die, CL18 basically have no impact on performance?

I'm mostly interested in smooth everyday operations & stability.

5800x, look for B-Die sets for sale and will disinct timings set of 16-16-16-36 3600mhz. It's probably the most versatile of the B-Die kits for AMD systems. If you can't find that frequency and timing set, the better B-Die kit will have a C14 at the same frequency of 3600mhz.

I'd go out on a limb and say b-die is The best memory chip for a stable system, overclocking or not. Which XMP is overclocking, all kits are stable at jedec 2133mhz, so it's not an issue. 

Yes other kits with cl18 maybe micron or hynix kits, go for the micron if possible, will work as well. But nobody will promise 3600mhz on it though. Ok a few people, but they have perhaps a decent memory controller on their cpu and can OC quite well. 

Should we buy into ddr4 now? Unasked for, no I don't think so. My opinion, these systems, ddr4 we are soon to call old school.