I need to buy a laptop this week because mine just broke! Any suggestions?

I am looking for a laptop that can do photo editing and light video editing and I need to get one this week because mine just broke. Any recommendations? Price range is 1500$.

Honestly screen size has never bothered me. That is what i was thinking but i have just heard nightmares about trying to get any new macbook repaired.

19 minutes ago, Harrwolf said:

Honestly screen size has never bothered me. That is what i was thinking but i have just heard nightmares about trying to get any new macbook repaired.

if you are doing photo and video editing, you want color accurate screen or do you use external display?

I will not be using an external screen so yes the screen needs to be color accurate. I need something that is portable and can be used as is without any external peripherals. I spend a lot of time in the hospital.

20 minutes ago, Harrwolf said:

I will not be using an external screen so yes the screen needs to be color accurate. I need something that is portable and can be used as is without any external peripherals. I spend a lot of time in the hospital.

most articles i can find recommend the macbook pro or the dell xps.

there are some other laptops with color accurate screens

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/best-photo-editing-laptops

if you need the laptop quickly, better to buy in store instead of ordering online

but then you dont get as many choice