Programs closing after opening. [SOLVED]

Go to solution Solved by Brownhorn111,

SOLUTION FOUND(?):

So I have GPU Tweak for my Strix 1080 and it would seem that while it's open, it causes programs to crash. The system diagnostics did nothing to change this- in fact, it said that there is no damage. Truly odd, as this GPU Tweak hasn't harmed my programs like that beforehand. The solution appears to be just to have GPU Tweak closed.

image.thumb.png.9f5cb38c26d45b5f2778013686d9c78b.png

It started a couple of days ago where when I try to open programs- notepad, citrix, flash projector- they open and then just close. The second one here being crucial to my home office work. The program would open but then instantly close.

Anyone experience this too? Please help me if you know about this problem. Thank you!

15 minutes ago, RalphAlpha111 said:

SOLUTION FOUND(?):

So I have GPU Tweak for my Strix 1080 and it would seem that while it's open, it causes programs to crash. The system diagnostics did nothing to change this- in fact, it said that there is no damage. Truly odd, as this GPU Tweak hasn't harmed my programs like that beforehand. The solution appears to be just to have GPU Tweak closed.

From https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/programs-closing-immediately-after-launching.3317520/

1) Run command prompt as administrator (Start Menu -> type "cmd" -> right click "Command Prompt" -> Click "Run as Administrator")
2) Type: sfc /scannow
3) Press enter
4) Wait for scan to complete. It should tell you in the last few lines if any issues were found. (Mine said it found issues but some were not fixed)
5) In command prompt type: dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
6) Press Enter.
7) Wait for process to complete
8) dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
9) Press Enter.
10) Wait for process to complete
11) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
12) Press Enter.
13) Wait for process to complete
14) Reboot PC
15) Repeat all to see if you can clear up everything.

This might help.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

SOLUTION FOUND(?):

3 minutes ago, RalphAlpha111 said:

SOLUTION FOUND(?):

Glad you could get that fixed! Could never imagine that the culprit would be a tweak in your GPU settings

EDIT:  Consider marking your post as the answer to help other people who have a similar problem and stumble across this thread.

Edited by LTTfan2006
On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide