Logitech G Hub causing games to stay running in background when closing it

After playing some games (GTA V and Fortnite) and pressing the exit button, the game window is gone, but the game is still running in background.

I noticed that the games are still running, because Steam/Epic Games says it is still running, and checking task manager, it is also running in background. (Screenshots for GTA V are attached below)

I closed the Logitech G Hub app and stopped the "LGHUB Updater Service" using "services.msc", and the games completely exits.

I tried to reinstall the games and Logitech G Hub, but the issue persists. I tried to uninstall Logitech G Hub and the games completely exits.

I currently have Logitech G Hub installed, but I disabled it in startup. I also disabled the automatic startup of "LGHUB Updater Service" in "services.msc".

Anyone experiencing this or know how to fix this?

I have Logitech peripherals and I frequently change the settings, its really a pain to exit the app and stop the service whenever I'm going to play a game.

1882847118_Steam(2).thumb.PNG.6e55ae9ec1756773d80183860c32df1d.PNG

1642536742_TaskManager.PNG.b11cbd23e97b3dd5fa6937ecc6014349.PNG

• 2 months later...

I'm having this exact same problem too. I found this post from searching it on Google not too long ago.

Have you found any workarounds or solutions to this problem?

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2021 at 5:47 AM, MagFiveK said:

I'm having this exact same problem too. I found this post from searching it on Google not too long ago.

Have you found any workarounds or solutions to this problem?

The work around I did was to exit the Logitech G Hub app and stopped the "LGHUB Updater Service" in Services, before playing any games.

Did you find a solution for this problem?

Just now, milesuy said:

The work around I did was to exit the Logitech G Hub app and stopped the "LGHUB Updater Service" in Services, before playing any games.

Did you find a solution for this problem?

In addition, I also disabled the service to automatically start (in Services) and disabled the Logitech G Hub to startup at boot (in Task Manager).