GPU drivers not detected

ruchir_ezio

So was facing this issue on my pc where it would crash with in 5 mins of launching a game. So I read did some research turned out cleaning out the gpu could've helped. I cleaned it, plugged it back in but now the nvidia drivers are not being detected. I checked in the device manager, the pc is detecting the GPU, but the drivers aren't working. 

I reinstalled the drivers, didn't work.

I've reinstalled windows, didn't work.

The issue still persists.

PC spec?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

34 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

PC spec?

i7 4790k

GTX 760

16 gb dual channel Corsair vengeance ram 

120 gb wd ssd 

2 tb wd hdd 

Corsair vs 650 psu 

Z97d3h Mobo

The system isn't over clocked.

If you check the GPU in the Device Manager, does it show you any device error? "Device is not ready, Error Code: xx" ?

Just now, Bat-LB said:

If you check the GPU in the Device Manager, does it show you any device error? "Device is not ready, Error Code: xx" ?

At first it showed error code 43. Then I plugged it in to the secondary PCIE port and reinstalled the driver. Now it doesn't show error code 43 but still isn't detecting the driver 

7 minutes ago, ruchir_ezio said:

i7 4790k

GTX 760

16 gb dual channel Corsair vengeance ram 

120 gb wd ssd 

2 tb wd hdd 

Corsair vs 650 psu 

Z97d3h Mobo

The system isn't over clocked.

Hmm, your GPU may be dying before the cleaning and thus the crashes

Cleaning only helps if you're facing temperature issues

As for the potential resolutions, you've reinstalled windows so that eliminates most of the software issue, I'm assuming you used a USB drive to completely format your boot drive before installing the new copy, and not the built in factory reset which isn't really clean

So... If it isn't softest then it's hardware, and if reseating doesn't help, perhaps try it in another system if you can

8 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

As for the potential resolutions, you've reinstalled windows so that eliminates most of the software issue, I'm assuming you used a USB drive to completely format your boot drive before installing the new copy, and not the built in factory reset which isn't really clean

So... If it isn't softest then it's hardware, and if reseating doesn't help, perhaps try it in another system if you can

Yeah I did do a fresh install via usb. Unfortunately I can't test it on a different system. Are there any other possibilities of reviving it?

24 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

I just rebooted the system, device manager shows error core 43

16211658292192000114635273727562.jpg

13 minutes ago, ruchir_ezio said:

Yeah I did do a fresh install via usb. Unfortunately I can't test it on a different system. Are there any other possibilities of reviving it?

It's best if you can determine if the GPU is at fault before proceeding further, imo

Assuming it's a GPU board failure, you may send it into board repair shops for diagnosis, though whether if it's worth the money and hassle is up to you

There's also the controversial, last hope method, of heating the GPU die to about 120c with a heat source, like a heat gun, and letting it cool down to induce thermal shock to it to see if it helps, but it may make things worse and possibly reduce the chances of other methods working, that's why it's a last hope solution

I do not recommend using an oven because of the toxic fumes it might produce, if you intend to cook food in the oven in the future

1 minute ago, ruchir_ezio said:

I just rebooted the system, device manager shows error core 43

I'm not too familiar with this particular error, maybe googling might come up with results

I think I heard it have to do with trying to install drivers in a virtual machine(?) Not too sure