HELP!! Programs keep crashing and dont run on my PC. Even during startup only some apps run.

k_m_ING
Go to solution Solved by k_m_ING,

Every now and then the software/programs on my pc keep crashing, not run at all or open for a bit then stop working or close. 
Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Version 20H2

OS BUILD 19042.985

I just reinstalled the OS on13th may 2021.

PC did crash once few days ago but after an update that day. Gave the same issue of programs not working.  (went blank for few minutes till i restarted the PC) Then I reinstalled the whole OS. Solved issue for the day then same issue now every now and then. The crashing issue gets solved after a restart, and everything works properly.

Starup apps dont work mosst of them. specially bitorrent and eset (some other programs dont work either if i try to manually open them).

SOLUTION:-

"" It was quite possibly an SSD problem. changed the SSD for now with the backup one and does not seem to be causing problems. 

used the old one in different laptop and still some performance issue is being caused. fully formatted the ssd and been re using. ""

Every now and then the software/programs on my pc keep crashing, not run at all or open for a bit then stop working or close. 
Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Version 20H2

OS BUILD 19042.985

I just reinstalled the OS on13th may 2021.

PC did crash once few days ago but after an update that day. Gave the same issue of programs not working.  (went blank for few minutes till i restarted the PC) Then I reinstalled the whole OS. Solved issue for the day then same issue now every now and then. The crashing issue gets solved after a restart, and everything works properly.

Starup apps dont work mosst of them. specially bitorrent and eset (some other programs dont work either if i try to manually open them).

SOLUTION:-

"" It was quite possibly an SSD problem. changed the SSD for now with the backup one and does not seem to be causing problems. 

used the old one in different laptop and still some performance issue is being caused. fully formatted the ssd and been re using. ""

one thing you can check to get a better idea of what's going on is have task manager running and see if any one program or component in your system is causing a memory leak or congesting a component to the point of system failure, also make sure current drivers are installed and all overclocks both in bios and afterburner or x1 are turned off to factory settings

3 hours ago, Chogg928 said:

one thing you can check to get a better idea of what's going on is have task manager running and see if any one program or component in your system is causing a memory leak or congesting a component to the point of system failure, also make sure current drivers are installed and all overclocks both in bios and afterburner or x1 are turned off to factory settings

i cannot tell if anything is excessively using system resources. cpu, memory, network usage is pretty normal.

As for checking the component checking goes is dont have any spare components so I cant at the moment. cant buy new ones to check as city in lockdown. 

all drivers current.  New windows installed updated everything. 

No overclocks and i dont overclock my pc other than occasionally the GPU but even that is via the ASUS GPU tweak stock profiles and RAM to 3000 mhz.. no other overclocks.

BIOS is in default other than RAM profile.

Edited by k_m_ING
updated missing data

3 hours ago, Chogg928 said:

component in your system is causing a memory leak or congesting a component to the point of system failure,

regarding checking for memory leaks I don't know how. I am not technically savvy.