Help I think i fucked up real bad

Horabira200

So i installed a new ssd in my Asus TUF A15 laptop with a ryzen 7 5800h and rtx 3060, but when i opened it and put the ssd in it, it was in hibernate mode, because i forgot it was in that mode.  After i closed the lid, put all the screws in i turned it on and i started heard a high peached sound, I looked at the fans and they were not spinning. After that i closed the laptop. SOMEONE PLS HELP ME and tell me what to do now pls.

Pretty please.

EDIT: i installed a second ssd, the one with the os is still in the laptop, and it bkoted fine. Its the buzzing that wories me.

9 minutes ago, Horabira200 said:

it was in hibernate mode, because i forgot it was in that mode

You could try to plug your old drive in and hope that it can boot that way. Another way would be to just leave it be for a jiffy as the laptop needs to recognize what you just plugged in.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

I'd pull the battery, leave it out for a few seconds and put it back in.

To clarify: Did you REPLACE your original SSD or did you ADD a 2nd one?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

10 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

I'd pull the battery, leave it out for a few seconds and put it back in.

To clarify: Did you REPLACE your original SSD or did you ADD a 2nd one?

I added a second ssd, and i wouldn't really pull the battery, as it is inside the laptop, and i would have to unplug the contacts from the motherboard, and im afraid ill break something

27 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

You could try to plug your old drive in and hope that it can boot that way. Another way would be to just leave it be for a jiffy as the laptop needs to recognize what you just plugged in.

I added a second ssd. The one with the os is still there, and the laptop booted fine. Its the buzzing that scared me, as the fans were not spinning and the only other thing that would make that, as far as i can think of, is sound is electricity or something like that. (Sorry if i have bad english)

1 minute ago, Horabira200 said:

I added a second ssd. The one with the os is still there, and the laptop booted fine. Its the buzzing that scared me, as the fans were not spinning and the only other thing that would make that, as far as i can think of, is sound is electricity or something like that. (Sorry if i have bad english)

Is it still buzzing? It just might have been some internal speaker saying "no OS found" and then it realized it's on the other SSD.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

16 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Is it still buzzing? It just might have been some internal speaker saying "no OS found" and then it realized it's on the other SSD.

Yes it is, and its not even recognosed the second ssd. I'll try to take it out and put it back in 

1 minute ago, Horabira200 said:

Yes it is, and its not even recognosed the second ssd. I'll try to take it out and put it back in 

Maybe you still have to initialize the 2nd ssd in windows.

Search for "disk management" in windows search, then right click the black bar that says "unallocated" space and click initialize.

Just now, Stahlmann said:

Maybe you still have to initialize the 2nd ssd in windows.

Search for "disk management" in windows search, then right click the black bar that says "unallocated" space and click initialize.

I'll do that, but im thinking i should be taking the ssd out or something. What do u think could explain the buzzing sound ?

2 minutes ago, Horabira200 said:

I'll do that, but im thinking i should be taking the ssd out or something. What do u think could explain the buzzing sound ?

Basically what i already mentioned:

24 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

It just might have been some internal speaker saying "no OS found" in a buzzing type sound and then it realized it's on the other SSD.

This would explain why the buzzing was only there once.

5 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Basically what i already mentioned:

This would explain why the buzzing was only there once.

I started it up and the buzzing was still there. Everything else was working great

Just now, Horabira200 said:

I started it up and the buzzing was still there. Everything else was working great

Then i have no idea.

Maybe check your manual.

16 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Then i have no idea.

Maybe check your manual.

Yeah i even unpluged the speaker from the motherboard and it still made that sound