What would VR go under?

Krezguy

Under what subject should VR questions and conversations go under? Peripherals? Gaming? Or maybe even networking as the thing I am trying to figure out the best way of setting up a direct wireless connection to a Quest 2. Should VR have it's own category?

19 minutes ago, Krezguy said:

Under what subject should VR questions and conversations go under? Peripherals? Gaming? Or maybe even networking as the thing I am trying to figure out the best way of setting up a direct wireless connection to a Quest 2. Should VR have it's own category?

Probably gaming if I had to guess. It's VR gaming.

Peripherals probably. For PC gaming VR, the headsets are primarily a secondary screen, and the controllers are obviously peripherals and not the primary monitor, so not monitors. I also don't think it is right to put VR under gaming IMHO, unless specifically talking about games in VR.

Problems regarding VR go under troubleshooting, and the discussion of VR news should go under it's respective thread in Tech News. 

And the direct wireless connection to the Quest 2 isn't for networking because the connection between the two doesn't interface with any other network components to communicate. 

Your specific problem should go under troubleshooting or peripherals, preferably troubleshooting. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

32 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

Peripherals probably. For PC gaming VR, the headsets are primarily a secondary screen, and the controllers are obviously peripherals and not the primary monitor, so not monitors. I also don't think it is right to put VR under gaming IMHO, unless specifically talking about games in VR.

Problems regarding VR go under troubleshooting, and the discussion of VR news should go under it's respective thread in Tech News. 

And the direct wireless connection to the Quest 2 isn't for networking because the connection between the two doesn't interface with any other network components to communicate. 

Your specific problem should go under troubleshooting or peripherals, preferably troubleshooting. 

Cant some vr headsets work without a pc? I think they deserve there own place. 

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

Generally either PC Gaming, Peripherals or Displays would be the right place, depending on the precise question. Here, that's probably Peripherals.

HTTP/2 203