Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 Fan RGB change

bubuie

Guys, greetings, hope you all are doing well.

Got a question, I know that Fans included with the Arctic liquid freezer II is good ones, but if I want to change them to RGB ones, could you please recommend which I should go with ? will it cause a big difference if I change the stock coolers?

As well as, I have AIO install on front side of the case, where fans are intake, would it make difference if I add some of the fans on the radiator from inside? so radiator will have fans from both side?

3 minutes ago, bubuie said:

Guys, greetings, hope you all are doing well.

Got a question, I know that Fans included with the Arctic liquid freezer II is good ones, but if I want to change them to RGB ones, could you please recommend which I should go with ? will it cause a big difference if I change the stock coolers?

As well as, I have AIO install on front side of the case, where fans are intake, would it make difference if I add some of the fans on the radiator from inside? so radiator will have fans from both side?

1)

What is your budget for fans. I know its a silly question, but fans can range from $5-$200.

2)

yes, having fans on both sides of the rad will help a bit, but probably only ~3-5 degrees. But make sure you mount the fans correctly so they dont compete against each other. In a Push-Pull configuration is the best option.

What CPU are you using?

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

Just now, MarvintheParrot said:

1)

What is your budget for fans. I know its a silly question, but fans can range from $5-$200.

2)

yes, having fans on both sides of the rad will help a bit, but probably only ~3-5 degrees. But make sure you mount the fans correctly so they dont compete against each other. In a Push-Pull configuration is the best option.

What CPU are you using?

1) Just found on local market those : Cooler Master MF120R A-RGB  for a decent prioce

2) CPU is i9 9900k ; AIO Acrtic Liquid Freezer II 240 ; 2x8 GB RAM, MSI A850GF ; GTX 1070

51 minutes ago, bubuie said:

1) Just found on local market those : Cooler Master MF120R A-RGB  for a decent prioce

2) CPU is i9 9900k ; AIO Acrtic Liquid Freezer II 240 ; 2x8 GB RAM, MSI A850GF ; GTX 1070

Thanks for the info.

Those are some pretty good fans. If they are going to be radiator fans, the best options would be some static pressure fans. I personally use some for ARCTIC. They do get pretty pricy, I think that they were $15-$20 for only one fan.

https://www.arctic.de/en/BioniX-P120/ACFAN00167A

They do have cheaper versions of the same product, but these look a but better and have vibration pads.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

27 minutes ago, MarvintheParrot said:

Thanks for the info.

Those are some pretty good fans. If they are going to be radiator fans, the best options would be some static pressure fans. I personally use some for ARCTIC. They do get pretty pricy, I think that they were $15-$20 for only one fan.

https://www.arctic.de/en/BioniX-P120/ACFAN00167A

They do have cheaper versions of the same product, but these look a but better and have vibration pads.

I was thinking buying those and changing them instead of the Fans that I have on arctic liquid freezer II and put, arctic ones on the back side of the radiator, and one spare from coolermaster one as exhaust one on back of the PC. Atm I have Deepcool dmesh 55 4F one Fan as an exhausts , two on top and one on back side of the case

20 minutes ago, bubuie said:

I was thinking buying those and changing them instead of the Fans that I have on arctic liquid freezer II and put, arctic ones on the back side of the radiator, and one spare from coolermaster one as exhaust one on back of the PC. Atm I have Deepcool dmesh 55 4F one Fan as an exhausts , two on top and one on back side of the case

Thats a pretty good idea!

Enjoy your new fans! 🙂 

8 hours ago, MarvintheParrot said:

Thats a pretty good idea!

Enjoy your new fans! 🙂 

Hello and thank you , got one more question , as I have found out those sold in local market is : Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 Halo 3in1 ARGB

not MF120r , but Mf120 Halo , does it make a difference ? 

As I have not really found any topics, where MF120R and MF120 Halo is compared, do they have big difference? atm MF120 Halo is available on local market for decent price

7 hours ago, bubuie said:

Hello and thank you , got one more question , as I have found out those sold in local market is : Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 Halo 3in1 ARGB

not MF120r , but Mf120 Halo , does it make a difference ? 

5 hours ago, bubuie said:

As I have not really found any topics, where MF120R and MF120 Halo is compared, do they have big difference? atm MF120 Halo is available on local market for decent price

The Halo have another ring of RGB around the fan blades. (I think)