Do I need to keep XTU running to apply undervolt?

My 7700HQ throttles like mad. Opened XTU, applied -150 undervolt, works flawlessly now boosting to its rated 3.8 singe core and 3.4 all cores.

Do I need to keep XTU running to keep the undervolt applied? Or can I close it, and not worry about losing the undervolt if I restart etc?

5 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

My 7700HQ throttles like mad. Opened XTU, applied -150 undervolt, works flawlessly now boosting to its rated 3.8 singe core and 3.4 all cores.

Do I need to keep XTU running to keep the undervolt applied? Or can I close it, and not worry about losing the undervolt if I restart etc?

Nope. XTU resets upon crashing. So, you're fine till then

Just now, S.Hamed23 said:

Nope. XTU resets upon crashing. So, you're fine till then

So I can close it out and the undervolt sticks? Cause I relaunched it today after applying the undervolt in august and it was throttling again, I had to go and redo everything

Just now, Aereldor said:

So I can close it out and the undervolt sticks? Cause I relaunched it today after applying the undervolt in august and it was throttling again, I had to go and redo everything

save the settings and it should be fine. double check the values. Did you stress tested the settings?
My sister 7300u was stable at -120v but crashed in prime95. Ended up inn -110v. Beyond -120v is a miracle, that's the dead limit for most cpus.

10 hours ago, S.Hamed23 said:

save the settings and it should be fine. double check the values. Did you stress tested the settings?
My sister 7300u was stable at -120v but crashed in prime95. Ended up inn -110v. Beyond -120v is a miracle, that's the dead limit for most cpus.

Stable at -150, tested with xtu stress test, xtu benchmark, cinebench r15, cinebench+furmark, and cyberpunk 2077.

However, every time I restart it still loads the default profile though. Some bullshit. I have to re-enable it every time ffs.

2 hours ago, Aereldor said:

I have to re-enable it every time

Intel XTU has always had problems with applying the undervolt consistently. Even when it shows you that everything is OK, if you check the CPU registers or if you check with HWiNFO, you can see that the undervolt has not been applied. 

ThrottleStop does not have this problem. Apply your offset undervolt to both the CPU core and CPU cache.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

You will need to use the Task Scheduler to add ThrottleStop to your Windows startup sequence. A little bit of a hassle but at least you will never have to wonder if your undervolt has been applied or not. It also has a few features that XTU does not have to help deal with some of Dell's common throttling problems. 

Task Scheduler Guide

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-throttlestop-guide.531329/#post-6865107