Content Creation/Programing PC Build

Budget (including currency): No More than $1,500 (US dollars)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Adobe Premier Pro & Visual Studio Code Editor (I use it mostly for video editing for my day job. I code with multiple windows open, including Chrome and Fire Fox.)

Hello, 

I have done some of my own research on PC Building and SI Prebuilt; however, I have never built a pc myself. I wanted to attempt to build my next pc, yet with CPU and GPU shortage it looks like that my not happen this year. I wanted to ask all the experts in Linus Tech Tips Forum on where to go next. 

Current PC: A 5 years old Inspiron 3668 that my father-in-law gave me. It renders video files in about..... 3 hours.... and export them in about ..... 15 hours. It currently has a GPU in it that is only a year old.

SO here is the problem: I would like a new pc, but I can wait if price or company isn't right. I am looking for more information to make an informed build. 

The SI that I am looking at buying from is NZXT BLD. Which I am debating about the Streaming PC (image below on Specs) or building my own with the current GPU as my graphic card in the new build. Which one is best for my situation? Should I wait? Should I build it? Should I buy it from NZXT? I just want to learn more and I appreciate any help. Thank you Linus Tech Tip Fans. 🙂

Current PC Specs: 

Processor: Intel Core i3-7100 CPU @3.90GHz

Installed RAM: 16gb 

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

image.png.eaa18797d5cf69ecec7afa647df0be80.png

Have you considered using your existing gpu in a new diy build?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Whats the specs of the build you have now?

How d you store your media? Id probalby get a seperate ssd for editing off of.

Yes, I would definitely do use the existing GPU if it means that the computer would work better. 

Also, I work completely off of external SDDs. One for the video editing and the other for long term storage.