Case/AIO Combination On New Build

Budget (including currency): Under $4000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: CyberPunk, AAA games, Dota 2

Other details Already have Creative AE-9 Soundcard and a 27" Acer Predator XB271HU + 1080P FG2421

Star_Hunter - Saved Part Lists - PCPartPicker

Upgrading from a 4770K 1080Ti build. Was able to get a 5950x and x570 Asus Dark Hero from Microcenter so looking to finish building everything else out minus the GPU (until I can get one, ideally a 3080Ti).

Facing a few different alternatives on PSU, Case, and AIO

AIO

Favoring the Corsair H150i since its a more proven design from a durability perspective even though the other two are right there with it in performance. Like below, more so concerned about the best case/AIO combo between the two lists.

Case

• Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2

Really have it down to these two, briefly considered the NZXT H710i but the two above seem better. I'm fine with either, so its really more so what would be best with one of the AIOs above and running a 3080Ti on air.

PSU

• Seasonic TX-1000
  • Corsair RMx 1000W (2021)
  • Corsair HX1000
  • Seasonic GX-1000

This is mostly due to availability so I have to be more flexible, as ideally I would just want the TX-1000. Figured I need 1000W since the 3080Ti might be similar to 3090 and my AE-9 sound card also takes some power.

One issue I facing is getting things ordered and built in time given as I just picked up the 5950x and X570 Dark Hero today and want to make sure neither are DOA during my 15 day return period. if I can get a PSU soon and just test that with just the Mobo and CPU (and a cheap wraith cooler from ebay so its not 100% uncooled) would that be enough, obviously without a card/monitor also I can only go off the motherboard code LED.

35 minutes ago, Star_Hunter said:

Case

• Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2

Honestly speaking, you can get away with either of these, its all in the aesthetic. Both ill recommend mounted at the top.

37 minutes ago, Star_Hunter said:

Really have it down to these two, briefly considered the NZXT H710i but the two above seem better. I'm fine with either, so its really more so what would be best with one of the AIOs above and running a 3080Ti on air.

PSU

• Seasonic TX-1000
  • Corsair RMx 1000W (2021)
  • Corsair HX1000
  • Seasonic GX-1000

Seasonic PSUs wont play ball with high end RTX 3000 series in some cases, i would go for the RMx for that reason.

38 minutes ago, Star_Hunter said:

AIO

Favoring the Corsair H150i since its a more proven design from a durability perspective even though the other two are right there with it in performance. Like below, more so concerned about the best case/AIO combo between the two lists.

Imo all 3 is a reliable brand that i would go and have a whiff. But honestly EK-AIO is pretty beautiful.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.