Ext vs Non EXT WiFi

RAM555789

Been having a lot of disconnect issues lately and I noticed I am now connected to a 5GExt instead of just 5G. Anyone know what the actual difference is between these 2 networks and what the EXT at the end means? I'm going to try and switch off the EXT and see if that makes a difference, but it leaves me curious. 

LTT.png

Do you NEED WiFi extenders?  They can make things worse if you don't need them.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

3 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Do you NEED WiFi extenders?  They can make things worse if you don't need them.

Others in my house use to have issues with their devices when I router was on the 2nd floor and I was connected by ethernet. After they moved it to the first floor our ethernet had to go, and they installed a wifi extender upstairs thinking it would help out me with connecting. I played up for a decent USB wifi adapter though and it actually made my connection worse. So far I haven't had any disconnects like I did when connected to the extender so I'm calling the issue fixed. Tomorrow I'll probably just unplug it since its not needed with my family mostly using their devices on the 1st floor now anyway. The one other weird thing was we started having weird issues with our TV flipping to black like its losing the signal, but I don't think it has any bearing towards the internet since they don't sync.