How to disable HPET in BIOS on MSI Mag Z490 Tomahawk?

Hello everybody,

I would like to disable HPET in my BIOS,but I can't find it anywhere.

I read it's the ''hidden'' option and I spent hours looking for solution to find it without luck.

I know it can be disabled in Windows,but I read that it sometimes won't work if it's not disabled in BIOS.

Could you please tell me how to disable it in BIOS,I'm starting to become desperate from looking for answer.

Should be in the Chipset/South Bridge options of the BIOS if it's anywhere.
If your BIOS doesn't have any Chipset/SB options you're probrably stuck with it.

However I can't see that board model lacking too many options for tweaking, should be able to find something about it.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

4 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Should be in the Chipset/South Bridge options of the BIOS if it's anywhere.
If your BIOS doesn't have any SB options you're probrably stuck with it.

I didn't see any SB in my BIOS.

I really don't know what to do,there has to be a way to disable it,I mean it's been an option on older MOBOs and I don't get why wouldn't they give that option on newer ones?

It's a chipset option you can enable/disable, with older systems it's SB related.

However, just because it was an option wit older systems doesn't mean you'll see it in newer ones, could be HPET is becoming a standard thing vs it being optional, I really can't see it that way but you never know.
I checked the manual to your board and I didn't see any direct options for that either.

The BIOS you have is about the same as my X570 MEG ACE and all I can really tell you is to dig deep - There are some well-hidden options in the BIOS and HPET is probrably one of those tucked away somewhere in it.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

2 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

It's a chipset option you can enable/disable, with older systems it's SB related.

However, just because it was an option wit older systems doesn't mean you'll see it in newer ones, could be HPET is becoming a standard thing vs it being optional, I really can't see it that way but you never know.
I checked the manual to your board and I didn't see any direct options for that either.

The BIOS you have is about the same as my X570 MEG ACE and all I can really tell you is to dig deep - There are some well-hidden options in the BIOS and HPET is probrably one of those tucked away somewhere in it.

When you say to ''dig deep'' as there are some well hidden options what do you mean by that?

How can I see them if they are hidden?

Well hidden in this case means buried deep in the options you have.
You have options with sub-menus that in turn may have their own sub-menus, that's what I'm getting at.

Don't be afraid to explore your BIOS and remember the ESC key is your best friend for not messing anything up  - Just spam the ESC key to back out and exit without saving anything if you have to.