Please help me figure out my RGB ecosystem

Drexl

I have:

• Asus Prime X570-Pro
  • Lian-Li Galahad 240 AIO
  • Be Quiet 500dx

As far as I can tell there is just the one addressable header. Currently the RGB strip that is included with the case is populating it, but Aura Sync (edit: Armory Crate) isn't able to control it. Idk if that means I did something wrong, or Aura Sync (edit: Armory Crate) is just trash (or both). Anyway, my main issue is I need help figuring out what all I need to buy to get the strip and the pump RGB to both work and to sync. Also, if I decide to add RGB fans to the mix how will that change things?

Thanks for the help. The system has been built for awhile now, but I'm finally getting around to putting the finishing touches on it.

so you are correct there is only 1 argb aka 3 pin rgb header on your motherboard. 

I think you might have to use armory crate instead of aura sync

let's solve this then we'll talk expansion. 

13 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

so you are correct there is only 1 argb aka 3 pin rgb header on your motherboard. 

I think you might have to use armory crate instead of aura sync

let's solve this then we'll talk expansion. 

Sorry. I use Armory Crate. I incorrectly use the terms synonymously sometimes because they're both Asus I guess. 

6 minutes ago, Drexl said:

Sorry. I use Armory Crate. I incorrectly use the terms synonymously sometimes because they're both Asus I guess. 

do you get  lighting and just cant change it or no lighting at all?

oh wait I forgot the 500dx has a couple other things you need to do.

1. make sure the data power cable is plugged in.

2. the rgb button on the front i/o may need to be held down to switch it into argb mode.

The strip lights up just fine, and I can control it using the case button, but Armory Crate doesn't seem to be controlling it. "Addressable LED Strip" is checked.

Armory crate also can't control the 3rd DIMM slot. This is the same on both my machines and from what I've read is a common problem, perhaps only with the Ballistix memory I use, not sure. RGB works fine on all DIMMS using Ballistilx software, but Armory Crate can't control DIMM 3 and it remains completely off. *shrug*

I'm inclined to believe it's just Armory Crate or firmware issues currently.

5 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

oh wait I forgot the 500dx has a couple other things you need to do.

1. make sure the data power cable is plugged in.

2. the rgb button on the front i/o may need to be held down to switch it into argb mode.

Haha, holding down the button did the trick! Doesn't fix the memory issue, but that's awesome. Thanks! ^_^

Now I need some kind of hub to get the pump working I assume.

6 minutes ago, Drexl said:

haha! it was holding down the button. Doesn't fix the memory issue, but that's awesome. thanks.

Now I need some kind of hub to get the pump working I assume.

you can use a hub or splitter. a hub is nicer If you plan on adding a lot more lighting.

what model ram do you have?

3 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

you can use a hub or splitter. a hub is nicer If you plan on adding a lot more lighting.

what model ram do you have?

Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600 MHz CL16 (White)

not sure if it would work but you could jacknet for your rgb software. might be able to pick up everything and sync everything together.

16 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

not sure if it would work but you could jacknet for your rgb software. might be able to pick up everything and sync everything together.

I was not aware that was a thing. I'm downloading it now and will give it a shot. If not I'm gonna contact ASUS about it later. I don't suspect it'll help anything as some of the posts I've found about this issue are quite old.
Anything I should pay attention for if I get a hub for other devices? Not sure if I want to change the fans or not yet, but I might.

image.png.f704d165677d228441ffe5addc4b5817.png

I'm gonna guess now that it's not gonna work. JackNet doesn't even see the device. It only sees 3 DIMMs
It also sees a mouse I don't have connected, but w/e.

3 minutes ago, Drexl said:

image.png.f704d165677d228441ffe5addc4b5817.png

I'm gonna guess now that it's not gonna work. JackNet doesn't even see the device. It only sees 3 DIMMs
It also sees a mouse I don't have connected, but w/e.

bummer  I'll think it over for a bit