Looking to get or make my first PC

Budget (including currency): around 2500 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: call of duty warzone, gta v, Monster hunter world, etc. streaming and editing videos.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): The only thing I have to go with the pc right now is a 144 hz 1080p monitor so I’m fine with playing within that resolution and refresh rate. I’m also going to need to buy an keyboard and mouse. I don’t mind if it’s a prebuilt pc either because I don’t want to mess anything up by trying to build one, but if it comes down to it I will build one. I’m planning on buying within the next two to three weeks. I also found a prebuilt pc from vrlatech called the centaur that I linked below, I was wondering if the was a good prebuilt or if I could possibly get something better.

https://vrlatech.com/product/centaur-custom-gaming-pc-intel-core-i7-rtx-2080/

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sF8TwP

PCPartPicker link links to an empty list, or is it just me?

This prebuilt is actually quite good as far as prebuilts go, and it has a huge advantage of being in stock - so if you don't fancy waiting to get a GPU, that's your best bet. And it most probably doesn't use proprietary standards for PSU or MoBo, making upgradability easier than in other prebuilts.

That being said, it uses an overclocking motherboard with a non-overclocking CPU, which is a waste of money, and the CPU itself could be better for this price.

7 minutes ago, Ydfhlx said:

PCPartPicker link links to an empty list, or is it just me?

This prebuilt is actually quite good as far as prebuilts go, and it has a huge advantage of being in stock - so if you don't fancy waiting to get a GPU, that's your best bet. And it most probably doesn't use proprietary standards for PSU or MoBo, making upgradability easier than in other prebuilts.

That being said, it uses an overclocking motherboard with a non-overclocking CPU, which is a waste of money, and the CPU itself could be better for this price.

This is my first time posting here and I thought when I put the part picker link that it was supposed to be an empty list so whoever reply’s could start picking parts. Anyways thank you for letting me know that the prebuilt isn’t that bad. I probably won’t be overclocking anyways I don’t know how to and I don’t see the perks for it

Just now, LSLJames1 said:

This is my first time posting here and I thought when I put the part picker link that it was supposed to be an empty list so whoever reply’s could start picking parts. Anyways thank you for letting me know that the prebuilt isn’t that bad. I probably won’t be overclocking anyways I don’t know how to and I don’t see the perks for it

Oh, I thought you made a list yourself. Anyways, there is about 99% chance that you will not find a RTX 3080 in stock during next 2-3 weeks, even months, without store camping, signing for all the queues and stuff like this. And this prebuilt comes with a good 8-core processor - especially given that AMD counterpart is overpriced and only slightly ahead in gaming.

Overclocking... Well, IMO it is overrated - especially in midrange systems - as you gain a bit of performance for a lot of effeciency, and need more expensive cooling and motherboard (and perhaps PSU). Anyways, the point was that paying more for an overclocking board is a literall waste of money, it's like getting a canister with backup petrol for a Tesla...

Final thing to note - I'd definitely upgrade monitor, this GPU is easily capable of 1440p 144Hz, or even 4k 120Hz in easier games.

1 hour ago, Ydfhlx said:

Oh, I thought you made a list yourself. Anyways, there is about 99% chance that you will not find a RTX 3080 in stock during next 2-3 weeks, even months, without store camping, signing for all the queues and stuff like this. And this prebuilt comes with a good 8-core processor - especially given that AMD counterpart is overpriced and only slightly ahead in gaming.

Overclocking... Well, IMO it is overrated - especially in midrange systems - as you gain a bit of performance for a lot of effeciency, and need more expensive cooling and motherboard (and perhaps PSU). Anyways, the point was that paying more for an overclocking board is a literall waste of money, it's like getting a canister with backup petrol for a Tesla...

Final thing to note - I'd definitely upgrade monitor, this GPU is easily capable of 1440p 144Hz, or even 4k 120Hz in easier games.

Thank you for your help. Regarding the monitor would it be possible to get one that is able to go to 4K or 1440p and still be able to use the one I currently have?

27 minutes ago, LSLJames1 said:

Thank you for your help. Regarding the monitor would it be possible to get one that is able to go to 4K or 1440p and still be able to use the one I currently have?

Sure it would, dual monitor setup is quite common.

10 minutes ago, Ydfhlx said:

Sure it would, dual monitor setup is quite common.

Ok last question hopefully. Can you set up a dual monitor set up with any two monitors?

13 hours ago, LSLJames1 said:

Ok last question hopefully. Can you set up a dual monitor set up with any two monitors?

Yeah, sure. 3080 can actually support up to 4 monitors as long as they have correct cables.

12 hours ago, Ydfhlx said:

Yeah, sure. 3080 can actually support up to 4 monitors as long as they have correct cables.

Ok thank you for your help