New PC isn't booting anything. There seems to be a CPU-Problem.

So my new built gaming pc isn't showing anything when I turn it on. The cooling, ram and gpu all seem to work since the fans are running and the rgb works fine. But the LED indicator on the motherboard is red and shows that there's something wrong with the cpu. The cpu is connected correctly to the motherboard. It is already my 2nd cpu. I returned it bcs I thought it was broken. I really don't know if it is a rookie mistake or a big compatability issue. The CPU should be powered correctly. When I bought the parts I used PC Part Picker to double check everything and there were no errors, so everything should be fine in theory.

Here are my specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro Ax

CPU: Intel Core i7-11700K (Should work fine with the Motherboard)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO (4x, 8GB, DDR4-3600, DIMM 288)

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master

SSDs: 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus (2000GB, M.2 2280)

Cooling: Corsair Hydro X Series iCUE XH305i

Fans: Corsair iCUE QL120 RGB (7x)

PSU: Corsair SF750 Platinum (750W)

Case: Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Mini

Depending on how long that Z490 board was sitting in inventory, it may have an older BIOS that does not have Rocket Lake micro code support. What BIOS version did your motherboard ship with? Some motherboard manufacturers usually put a sticker on the CMOS to indicate its original BIOS version. You'll need BIOS version F20d for the board to have i7-11700K compatibility. 

image.thumb.png.c3792262f4eef6553c0b8fc80f94c1b4.png

Hey, thanks for the reply. I postet this on reddit too and got the answer from somebody, that I need to update the BIOS to work with 11th gen CPUs. I'm gonna try that and will inform you if it helped!