Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I need help with KVM's :(

Hello "the internet,"

So I am currently in the process of moving and since I don't want to shell out for a whole tv/monitor I thought about HDMI splitters. I have went through two (my first one fell victim to a tragic water spillage), but I have been trying to find a splitter or KVM that takes in DP and HDMI and outputs DP/audio(not totally necessary but none of this is I guess), and yeah I have found a few KVM's that offer 4 inputs and 2 outputs but with the prices they're asking I would rather just buy a TV/monitor at that point. My main goal is to use my monitor as a TV/PC. I am just looking for convenience, so when I turn the PC off and turn on the Fire Stick I don't have to worry about the volume controls not working or the video not displaying correctly. And maybe there is a better way for me to buy a remote for my PC and just watch like that, but I know that later on when I plan on getting a Switch, and I get a TV, I can swap out the Fire Stick for the dock and boom i'm set for a while (fingers crossed no more water spillage). 

Sorry if I did anything incorrectly on the forums as I am very new to this and want to learn more about electronics and PC stuffs. 

Thank you!!

30 minutes ago, aasie said:

Hello "the internet,"

So I am currently in the process of moving and since I don't want to shell out for a whole tv/monitor I thought about HDMI splitters. I have went through two (my first one fell victim to a tragic water spillage), but I have been trying to find a splitter or KVM that takes in DP and HDMI and outputs DP/audio(not totally necessary but none of this is I guess), and yeah I have found a few KVM's that offer 4 inputs and 2 outputs but with the prices they're asking I would rather just buy a TV/monitor at that point. My main goal is to use my monitor as a TV/PC. I am just looking for convenience, so when I turn the PC off and turn on the Fire Stick I don't have to worry about the volume controls not working or the video not displaying correctly. And maybe there is a better way for me to buy a remote for my PC and just watch like that, but I know that later on when I plan on getting a Switch, and I get a TV, I can swap out the Fire Stick for the dock and boom i'm set for a while (fingers crossed no more water spillage). 

Sorry if I did anything incorrectly on the forums as I am very new to this and want to learn more about electronics and PC stuffs. 

Thank you!!

HMMM. cheap and dirty… The fire stick is basically just a little embedded Linux machine.  Might also have a DTV tuner in it. I don’t know.  Plug the monitor and the fire stick into the computer.  Or toss the fire stick and use the app instead.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.