New work and light gaming build

Budget (including currency): LKR. 150,000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Battlefield V, Battlefield 1 (1080p) and similar games while running Linux as dual boot for my programming needs

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I was thinking about replacing my old i5 3470 desktop which I use for web development and light gaming (Battlefield 1 and Battlefield V multiplayer and thats it) with a new build. I went to the shop's site and the first list is the parts I've picked myself after reading the description (Bear with me I'm just a software guy; don't know much about hardware, but the description said they are compatible so went with it). After contacting the shop the shop said the second build (second list) is more performant than my parts. (I currently have a good enough GPU for 1080p ultra on Battlefield games so no problem there)

MY INITIAL SELECTIONS (UNDER MY BUDGET)

• Intel® Core™ i7-10700F
  • ASUS PRIME H510M-E (MOBO)
  • T-CREATE CLASSIC 10L 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200Mhz
  • Seagate BarraCuda 2TB ST2000DM005 (HDD)
  • Antec VP550 PLUS 550W 80+ (Power Supply)
  • GAMDIAS BOREAS M1-610 (Cooler)
  • WD Green 120GB M.2 SSD

BUILD RECOMMENDED BY MY SHOP (BIT ABOVE BUDGET)

• INTEL CORE I5- 10400F
  • ANTEC NEPTUNE 120 RGB (Liquid Cooler)
  • MSI B460M BAZOOKA (MOBO)
  • 2 X PATRIOT SPrem 8GB 3200Mhz
  • CORSAIR CV550 80+BRONZE
  • ADDLINK S20 SATA 256GB
  • WD BLUE 2.0TB

image.gif

120GB SSD will not be enough in 2021. I would agree with getting a larger SSD. You can usually go for the cheapest RAM, because the 10400F only supports 2666MHz RAM and is locked. Definitely go air cooler for this build. I'm not sure why they would recommend water cooler for this build. Water coolers are more expensive and performance benefits are not felt when using a 120MM radiator. I would go for whatever Cooler Master Hyper 212 is the cheapest in your area. If you have any other questions just let me know 🙂

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB

3 hours ago, PokeCatz said:

120GB SSD will not be enough in 2021. I would agree with getting a larger SSD. You can usually go for the cheapest RAM, because the 10400F only supports 2666MHz RAM and is locked. Definitely go air cooler for this build. I'm not sure why they would recommend water cooler for this build. Water coolers are more expensive and performance benefits are not felt when using a 120MM radiator. I would go for whatever Cooler Master Hyper 212 is the cheapest in your area. If you have any other questions just let me know 🙂

thanks for the response. 

I can go for a 256GB nvme. The worst thing is this is the only stocks they got for RAM and the lowest is 3200MHz. 😞