Is AIO safe?

GalacticAspergus

Hello! I want to buy Cougar Aqua 240, but I'm not sure, because of the slim chances of leakage. What's the chances of a leakage, can I prevent it (and how) or use sth like spray that should be like a shield for water (like in phones). I want to get it, but the small chance of it leaking is stopping me. There's no one talking about leakage of this AIO and I can't seem to find the warranty, so I can check if it covers the AIO leaking and damaging other components. It's cheap, but good. P

Can I buy something like water repellent and spray my whole pc. Is it non-conductive? Can I threat the water pipes with electric tape/ flex tape and call it a day (joking and being serious at the same time)

Normally leakage is no an issue as long as you don't mishandle it. But since you sound so concerned, just get an air cooler for peace-of-mind. A good air cooler like a Noctua NH-D15 will perform about the same as a 240mm AiO for a lower price either way.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I have a good enough one, I'd like to get AIO, I just want to be sure. Ik it's not often, but with my luck even the air cooler is going to blow up 😞  

I might consider Noctua, It's a little bit out of my budget 

5 minutes ago, GalacticAspergus said:

but with my luck even the air cooler is going to blow up 😞  

I don't think this is physically possible

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

Just now, SAmsonIsThaBest said:

Nothings impossible, just highly unlikely

Just like AIO. It's not impossible to leak, just highly unlikely to leak. I will go and ask a professional from one local shop, we'll decide. I just want to know I'm safe with my cooling!

To quote another post from two years ago:

"AIO coolers pretty much never leak. The only way they would leak is if they were defective, or you were constantly bending the hoses back and forth which will cause then to fatigue. (if you buy from a shady company you might run into cheap hoses degrading over time, but that mostly isnt an issue)

EVEN IF you AIO leaks, there is actually very little fluid in AIO coolers, especially when comparing to custom loop water cooling where you have a big reservoir. The only fluid in an AIO is in the pipes and pump, which is very little volume."

By tJuggernaut29

Just now, SAmsonIsThaBest said:

if you buy from a shady company

Deepcool isnt exactly shady and their 1st gen castle series have such a thin tube that ive seen so many shearing cases from pure normal load.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

AiOs that leak are indeed very rare. But again, YOU SPECIFICALLY would probably be better off with an air cooler and not having to worry about it. From the sound of it you would just constantly be afraid of something going wrong.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

if you're that concerned, dont get an AIO, esp if you cant afford to replace your PC if it does indeed leak

chances are slim though

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, Moonzy said:

if you're that concerned, dont get an AIO, esp if you cant afford to replace your PC if it does indeed leak

chances are slim though

With the prices rn noone can afford it :d Even if you have a million dollars

8 hours ago, GalacticAspergus said:

Just like AIO. It's not impossible to leak, just highly unlikely to leak. I will go and ask a professional from one local shop, we'll decide. I just want to know I'm safe with my cooling!

The chances of an AIO leaking are much much higher than an air cooler EXPLODING

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

I had a h100v2 five years ago and it had a leak and a pump noise problem. TBF Corsair RMAed it without giving me much problem but i think it is better to stick with air. Get a large air cooler like d15.

• CPU
    9900KS @ 5.0 avx offset 0/ cache 4.7/ @1.33v
  • Motherboard
    asus strix ROG z390-i
  • RAM
    8gb x2 G.skill ddr 4 3600 (OCed to 4000 17-19-19-39 @1.4v)
  • GPU
    Asus Strix OC RTX 3080 10GB  
  • Case
    Corsair 280x Crystal
  • Storage
    1tb Samsung SSD + 2x (512gb Samsung) SSD
  • PSU
    Seasonic GM 650 650Watt Gold (semi-modular)
  • Display(s)
    LG34gk950g
  • Cooling
    H115i platinum/ 2x NF-A14 (GPU intake)/ 2xNFA14 (H115i radiator exhaust fan) 2x Corsair ML PRO 140(front intake) / 1x NF-A8 (exhaust)/ 2 x Corsair LL 120 (GPU deshroud fans)
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K70 LUX MX RED/ Microsoft Designer Keyboard Bluetooth
  • Mouse
    Corsair Harpoon RGB
  • Sound
    Audioengine A2+/ Audioengine d1 dac/ B&O h6