Need laptop recommendations for mom

So I'm looking for a recommendation for a laptop for my mom.  Who has the death touch for electronics, so I need something a little durable. my price range is 1200. she is familiar with windows so I want to stick with that. For a frame of reference she cracked the motherboard on he last laptop a IdeaPad 520 witch has a aluminum  Chassis to my knowledge 

Lenovo Thinkpad T series --> T14, if 14" is big enough, preferable with AMD Ryzen.

15" (T15) only exists with Intel sadly, but well, the CPU wouldn't be an issue here.

Also,  HP Elitebook.

Both are similar, higher End Business-class Notebooks, they come with Premium Support (like next day repair) that can be configured up to 5 years.

Also, it can be repaired more easily if anything happens.

If too expensive, look into older Thinkpads, maybe even Refurbished T-Thinkpads from the last 5-7 years will do basic Tasks just fine - and they are also very very durable. Even a bit more than the modern ones

What you need to look for is not stuff like Aluminum instead Plastic. Material has NOTHING to do with Build quality, durability or repairability.
You want a durable, robust model that can be repaired, if anything happens --> Thinkpad T-series is pretty much the way to go.

Still... How the hell can you crack the motherboard? I mean, first of all, you need to crack the chassis open?!

5 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Lenovo Thinkpad T series --> T14, if 14" is big enough, preferable with AMD Ryzen.

15" (T15) only exists with Intel sadly, but well, the CPU wouldn't be an issue here.

Also,  HP Elitebook.

Both are similar, higher End Business-class Notebooks, they come with Premium Support (like next day repair) that can be configured up to 5 years.

Also, it can be repaired more easily if anything happens.

If too expensive, look into older Thinkpads, maybe even Refurbished T-Thinkpads from the last 5-7 years will do basic Tasks just fine - and they are also very very durable. Even a bit more than the modern ones

What you need to look for is not stuff like Aluminum instead Plastic. Material has NOTHING to do with Build quality, durability or repairability.
You want a durable, robust model that can be repaired, if anything happens --> Thinkpad T-series is pretty much the way to go.

Still... How the hell can you crack the motherboard? I mean, first of all, you need to crack the chassis open?!

Thank you this helps me get a framework of what to look for. And believe it or not its not the first time in my family sadly but on the plus side I've gotten a lot of practice with a    soldiering iron 

33 minutes ago, General_Username said:

For a frame of reference she cracked the motherboard on he last laptop a IdeaPad 520 witch has a aluminum  Chassis to my knowledge 

Lmao, have you considered buying her a rugged laptop? 😄

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet