How to check monitor refresh rate and GTG

Evil Leprechaun
Go to solution Solved by Helpful Tech Witch,
5 minutes ago, Evil Leprechaun said:

@HelpfulTechWizard, thank u for the super fast respond to my question. Okay understanding that i could set my monitor to refresh at 144hz means it's legit and no scam involved. Mind sharing about the hardware that you mentioned about for the Response time please. Currently im using PRISM+ X270 PRO (https://prismplus.sg/collections/gaming-monitors/products/prism-x270-pro) but some how there are tearing during games i think as i can't really tell but my peers are using the same monitor as me and told me that they experiences tearing. Thus, just a little project to learn how do i know if my screen is tearing is it because of the Response time is not as advertised.

@Skiiwee29, Sorry about posting in the wrong section.

You can set any monitor to 144hz that has the bandwidth. The real question is do colors smear.

Tearing isbt a monitor thing. You will be able to fit it with vsync. (Unless you use Linux and xfce, then that's a mess)

Hi, i've explored the world of google but there isn't a software that enable to check on my behalf. I am old and my eyes are not exactly working as it should be.
Thus, just wondering if there is any available open source software that does the checking for me? As i feel some of the monitor companies are kinda cheating their way into the market by selling two times cheaper than those trusted brands.

For the refresh rate, just Google the monitor, software will only be able to know the current refresh rate, something that is automatically 60hz. You would have to change it manually

Response time is done with seperate hardware, not software.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

>-- Moved to Displays --<

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

@HelpfulTechWizard, thank u for the super fast respond to my question. Okay understanding that i could set my monitor to refresh at 144hz means it's legit and no scam involved. Mind sharing about the hardware that you mentioned about for the Response time please. Currently im using PRISM+ X270 PRO (https://prismplus.sg/collections/gaming-monitors/products/prism-x270-pro) but some how there are tearing during games i think as i can't really tell but my peers are using the same monitor as me and told me that they experiences tearing. Thus, just a little project to learn how do i know if my screen is tearing is it because of the Response time is not as advertised.

5 minutes ago, Evil Leprechaun said:

You can set any monitor to 144hz that has the bandwidth. The real question is do colors smear.

Tearing isbt a monitor thing. You will be able to fit it with vsync. (Unless you use Linux and xfce, then that's a mess)

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

@HelpfulTechWizard, Noted on the bandwidth. The thing is they advertised it's freesync and gsync on lazada but for their own site. only listed as freesync. i bought it as i thought i could use my gsync with the monitor but im just getting a message on my nvidia panel. Saying that this monitor is not compatible and i think the vsync could not be enabled as well. Sorry i think i deviated from my original question. to understand better, im using windows not other operation system.

29 minutes ago, Evil Leprechaun said:

@HelpfulTechWizard, Noted on the bandwidth. The thing is they advertised it's freesync and gsync on lazada but for their own site. only listed as freesync. i bought it as i thought i could use my gsync with the monitor but im just getting a message on my nvidia panel. Saying that this monitor is not compatible and i think the vsync could not be enabled as well. Sorry i think i deviated from my original question. to understand better, im using windows not other operation system.

vsync has nothing to do with the monitor. Its just frame buffering tomake sure that all of one frame is displayed at the same time. Tearting is caused when part of a frame is rendered and part of the previous frame is still on screen at the same time

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler