Do these thermal pads need a change?

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of rejuvenating my GTX 1060 (because shortage) and it basically needs a fan change since the old one stopped spinning (71°C idling was my cue).

But in the process of repairing, I started learning all kinds of new stuff like your GPU could die because this or that and it got me worrying about the thermal pads as well: 

So I'm asking for pairs of eyes to help me figure out if I need to change those pesky pads, I'll add pictures for you to see.

Cheers! 

PS #1: The model is a Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB mini and I believe (I got it in a pre-builts (yeah never again I know)) the number is GV-N1060IXOC-3GD

PS #2: I found that the 1060 6GB mini has 1.5mm pads for VRMs and (possibly) 0.5mm pads for memory but I have no way at the moment of verifying this information... 

On the card :

1205779774_20210411_211958(2).thumb.jpg.b7a29b8ec8d49e798498da925c42c8d9.jpg

On the heatsink:

20210412_141933.thumb.jpg.756dbc8cece0489102ac42b47939be55.jpg

20210411_214556.jpg

20210412_141900.jpg

You'll probably be okay without getting new thermal pads, but it can't hurt to change them just in case. I'd recommend looking into thermal grizzly thermal pads, if you do decide to change them.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

They look fine, if you don't have any spares on hand and/or don't want to buy ones, these will be fine.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

They should be able to do the job, but in the future if you do some maintenance again, I'd recommend changing them. 

The thicknesses of thermal pads that graphics card manufacturers use vary (i.e. VRM thermal pads might be thicker than those used on the VRAM). Kinda hard to judge which ones to buy; buy too thin and insufficient heat transfer will occur, buy too thick, you can apply too much pressure and bend the PCB/break the connections of SMDs. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Big thanks guys, very informative and helpful. I'll leave them be for now and look for replacements for the next maintenance since I don't have any spare.