What's a good GPU for me? (non-gamer)

Yo! With all the stuff going on, mining coins and chip/fab shortages, etc, I don't need to tell you GPUs are expensive at the moment.

My GTX 710 died a few weeks ago. I just used it for extra monitors and Folding @ Home. I need another GPU, I'd like to spend less than $150 total. I need 3 video outs, and enough power to be useful for Folding. Doesn't need to be strong, I just want it to be strong enough to earn points and help. Don't care about power efficiency, I don't pay the power bill. I am paying for the card though, so I care about that cost.

New or used is fine. As long as the value is decent (especially right now) and it does what I need. Thanks!

You'll likely want to get another gt 710, or maybe a gt 730(very slight upgrade) with the current market the way it is.

1. GT 1030s meet your budget but mostly have 2 video outs.

2. rx 550s have 3 video outs, but are mostly a little over your budget.

3. Nothing higher tier than the two options above are reasonably priced or guaranteed in stock.

Just now, AaronThomas said:

You'll likely want to get another gt 710, or maybe a gt 730(very slight upgrade) with the current market the way it is.

1. GT 1030s meet your budget but mostly have 2 video outs.

2. rx 550s have 3 video outs, but are mostly a little over your budget.

3. Nothing higher tier than the two options above are reasonably priced or guaranteed in stock.

Thanks! I'll still look at the RX 550, I'll spend a bit more if the value is better. Before I was folding I'd just get the cheapest possible thing that works but now that I'm helping with that, I can justify a bit more money if the performance/$ is significantly better. Even though I personally won't see or use that extra performance. It'll get me some extra points and look good for my team. 

GTX 1050 (Ti).

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/1/2021 at 11:34 PM, frozensun said:

GTX 1050 (Ti).

Thanks! I'll take a look at that too.