Fan control under Linux

I have a gigabyte z170hd3pro motherboard. There was a utility for Windows which could control my fan speeds (cpu, aux1, aux2).

Is there a way I can do this in Linux? (Bios is not an option. I don't want to reboot to adjust the fan speed)

Thanks for the answers

Edit: I am using manjaro

1 minute ago, drRodneyMcKay said:

I am using the gnome flavour. Is it a problem? Would this work?

Applications typically don't require you to have a specific Desktop Environment installed, it will pull in what it needs to run.

Applications from KDE/QT will just feel out of place, it's also possible as well that it wont follow your GNOME Theme and fallback to whatever your distro has configured for QT/KDE Applications.

5 minutes ago, Nayr438 said:

Applications typically don't require you to have a specific Desktop Environment installed, it will pull in what it needs to run.

Applications from KDE/QT will just feel out of place, it's also possible as well that it wont follow your GNOME Theme and fallback to whatever your distro has configured for QT/KDE Applications.

Thanks. I was worried about this: 'It uses the KAuth module of the KDE Frameworks '

I don't know what is the KAuth module.

Just now, drRodneyMcKay said:

Thanks. I was worried about this: 'It uses the KAuth module of the KDE Frameworks '

I don't know what is the KAuth module.

It should be fine. It just means you will need part of the KDE Framework installed, just the libraries. Use the AUR Package above and it will pull in everything you need.

https://api.kde.org/frameworks/kauth/html/index.html

If your unfamiliar with the AUR

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Nayr438 said:

It should be fine. It just means you will need part of the KDE Framework installed, just the libraries. Use the AUR Package above and it will pull in everything you need.

https://api.kde.org/frameworks/kauth/html/index.html

If your unfamiliar with the AUR

Reveal hidden contents

I see my temps, but it says that I do not have pwm capable fans. What could I do? Is there a kernel trick I could use?

1 minute ago, drRodneyMcKay said:

I see my temps, but it says that I do not have pwm capable fans. What could I do? Is there a kernel trick I could use?

I don't know of any other utilities and the Arch Wiki only mentions lm_sensors, which is what fancontrol uses.

If that doesn't work, then you will probably be limited to BIOS Fan Profiles under Linux.

Personally I have never really thought about controlling my fans from the Desktop, I have always just set a fan curve and called it good.