Mounting a Second GPU in a small case.

Kaon

I set up my mATX system in a fractal core 1000 and it turns out that there's only enough space for a second GPU if it's one slot. I only want the second slot for crypto mining otherwise I would I have gotten a 280x instead of 270's.

How easy would be it be craft some sort of second mount for a GPU on the side panel using a pcie riser? Is it even possible at all?

Fractal core 1000 - Asus A88xm plus - Athlon 760k @4.3 GHz - MSI 270 oc - 4GB corsair vengeance low profile - WD green 1TB - 128GB Corsair Neutron - Corsair CS750

I set up my mATX system in a fractal core 1000 and it turns out that there's only enough space for a second GPU if it's one slot. I only want the second slot for crypto mining otherwise I would I have gotten a 280x instead of 270's.

How easy would be it be craft some sort of second mount for a GPU on the side panel using a pcie riser? Is it even possible at all?

It's possible, but it would look horrible.

With PCI power connectors and PCI risers. 

I would get a bigger case. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Is it the case not alouwing it or is it that the mb has the second 16x slot as the very last slot

Is it the case not alouwing it or is it that the mb has the second 16x slot as the very last slot

It's that the mb has it on the last slot. I don't really want a bigger case, I'm after a low footprint and if it's all sealed away the I don't really mind how to looks .

Fractal core 1000 - Asus A88xm plus - Athlon 760k @4.3 GHz - MSI 270 oc - 4GB corsair vengeance low profile - WD green 1TB - 128GB Corsair Neutron - Corsair CS750

It's that the mb has it on the last slot. I don't really want a bigger case, I'm after a low footprint and if it's all sealed away the I don't really mind how to looks .

time for a new mobo?

or a new case? My prodigy m has the 5 slots. Posted Image

or a new case? My prodigy m has the 5 slots. 7y6u2abe.jpg

It was £30 more, I plan on learning to mod on the core 1000 so I thought it was a good choice. I guess I'll upgrade down the line.

It was £30 more, I plan on learning to mod on the core 1000 so I thought it was a good choice. I guess I'll upgrade down the line.

the prodigy can look real good with some work, I''ll share a few photos of you want

the prodigy can look real good with some work, I''ll share a few photos of you want

Please,I'd love to see what you were able to do with it.

Please,I'd love to see what you were able to do with it.

took them with my one max so nothing special about quality :/Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image again sorry fir shity photos

Me thinks I needs me one of those ASAP.

You could riser card it and sit it anywhere in the case really. Mining cards dont need to be connected to monitors. However it would not look that great. The aesthetically pleasing but not finicially a good idea option is a full mobo rotation mod with a custom top panel cover.

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)