Record webcam while on a call

sphbecker
Go to solution Solved by seon123,

You can use the Virtual Camera feature in OBS, while also recording. Then select OBS Virtual Camera in Teams

My company does monthly video messages from the CEO to all employees. We have used Teams Live Event for the broadcast and download the recorded video from o365 to post online for those who missed the meeting. In the last few months, the quality for those downloads has gotten really bad. Looks like MS changed to some kind of ultra compression with heavy artifacting and frequent lip sync issues.

The CEO is asking for another option. We would like to keep using Teams for the live broadcast because it works pretty well and already included with our o365 licenses. I would like to also capture the video directly from his webcam, but I know webcams can't typically be shared between applications. If I start capturing with OBS, then Teams will not be able to use the webcam at the same time.

Are there any easy software solutions to sharing a webcam between two different applications? I guess I could buy him a 2nd webcam, but that seems like a kludgy solution and he is all about wanting things to be streamlined and professional.

You can use the Virtual Camera feature in OBS, while also recording. Then select OBS Virtual Camera in Teams

:)

3 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Perfect, that is exactly what I was looking for! (clearly not an OBS expert here). I will test that out and give it a try on the next meeting.